The Church of Peace, Jawor (Poland)
The Church of Peace in Jawor (Nieder Silesia, Poland) was raised 1654-1655 on the strength of the Peace of Westphalia Treaty, which marked the end of the Thirty Years’ War (1618-1648).
The prerequisite was that the materials which could be used were only those with which a barn or pigsty could be built: wood and clay mixed with straw. Without stone or iron, without one single nail.
It was built on the plan of rectangle (26.8x43.3m) using timber frame construction, known as half-timbered wall (16.4 m high). It can house 6 thousand people.
In 2001, the church was inscribed on the World Heritage List UNESCO.