pixel
LotoFoto
Is there something we can do about spam comments?
I found three Spam comments on 3 different posts of mine this a.m.
Before I deleted them I was curious as to whether or not we can block them??
Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.
pixel
LotoFoto
I haven't tried deleting them yet. I hope they are delete-able.
pixel
malcolm88
I've had a spam comment on forex money trading this morning, deleted! Can we have a 'report this post as spam' function?
pixel
kevincm
I'm getting a few here and there (targeting the older entries)

Strangely I'm getting 403 errors - which means I can't delete the comments!

It seems the spammers have finally found us...
pixel
stormfish
newest addition, happened to me twice on my blog (with different test, but always same structure: a "somewhat" meaningful text, followed by some "help me message" with gargled meaning, the link of the "user" who posted it leads to some dubious page.

latest example to be seen here: http://www.photoblog.com/stormfish/2009/11/23#comments

this is the text i got:
Excuse me. Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes. the ones who see things differently - they're not fond of rules. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things. they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do. Help me! It has to find sites on the: Baclofen prescription information. I found only this - <a href="http://www.pianetafilm.it/Members/Baclofen">baclofen anxiety</a>. Baclofen, they indicate that disease, nature, and midazolam can be heated pretty faster in the loss than on cause. Not, there are some purposeless patients in that test falls to have demonstrated potassium and fibromyalgia everyone, baclofen. Best regards ;-), Aricia from Estonia.
Aricia · 2010-02-17: 07:09 · Delete
pixel
JuliaGotz
Very annoying - I get lots, usually only on older pages. so it's all over the blog.

Mike and mike, if we could delete comments on the "new comments" list, without having to go to each page and do it individually, that would be a great feature.
pixel
michaelczhang
Hey guys,

Thanks for bringing this up. We will look into installing a stronger CAPTCHA system to prevent automated bots from leaving comments.

In the mean time, a solution is to turn off "anonymous comments".

--Michael
pixel
LotoFoto
Thanks so much for all of the replies.
I am glad you are looking into it Mike. In the meantime I will definitely try what you said re: anonymous comments.
THANKS! I'm into my 3rd year here and these are my first SPAMs. Hopefully my last
pixel
LotoFoto
I just tried deleting one of my (8) SPAM comments and was unsuccessful. Once it asks me if I am sure I want to delete it, and I press 'yes' it takes me to a broken link.

I have now blocked anonymous comments but I'm thinking they might have signed up for accounts since they have names ??

They do seem to be targeting much older postings.
pixel
michaelczhang
You can try allowing anonymous comments again. We just set up a stronger CAPTCHA system. I'll look into why the comments aren't deleting.
pixel
michaelczhang
We've also fixed the bug were you were sometimes unable to delete comments.
pixel
LotoFoto
Thank you SO much Mike!!! Very much appreciated
pixel
tricky
I've received an empty spam comment from jogos on almost every one of my pages, not the first time this has happened and it's very annoying
pixel
miclaud
Me too! About 55 spam comments from « jogos »...
pixel
JuliaGotz
Hi, I've been away a long time, and come back to find hundreds and hundreds of spams all over my blog. it would take so many hours to delete them one by one. Looking in help, I can't find a way to efficiently delete them.

Why can't I do a 'select all' and delete from my home page? that would be AWESOME.

Julia
pixel
CHOSSID
Ask Michael if when they are deleted from PB, is there a way of them disappearing totally from all of our pages?

What about if when they post, we all spam THEM?
pixel
michaelczhang
Hey guys,

It's much easier for us to deal with spam comments left by photoblog accounts, since we can delete them all at once across all users. We recommend setting your commenting privacy level to "members only" to prevent automated bots from leaving comments without a photoblog account.

If you come across a mass spamming account, feel free to let us know the username by emailing it to michael@photoblog.com, and we will wipe the comments promptly.

thanks

--Michael
pixel
mattmckenna
Michael, can you look into this commentsfor me please, cheers, received 3 or 4 on diffrent posts have deleted the rest, but left this one on my post
jogos online → Tenements in Glasgow's West End
pixel
SADHYA
Matt, I think you need to contact Michael direct by email at
michael@photoblog.com as I don't think he has time to read all the messages in the Forum.
Hope this helps.
pixel
joycephotography
jogos online got me as well, had to switch comments to 'Friends Only'. I hate shit for brains people...............
pixel
mattmckenna
thanks Sadhya, will do
pixel
pixel
pixel