pixel
breizh
Buy a "Rollex-Made in Switzerland"...
... ou demandez l'heure à Sarkosy ...
pixel
va000119
Haven`t got a clue about the size thing! It`ll take me all my time just to remember yhe date and the time!
pixel
miclaud
Loooollll.... Mdrrrr.... Yves!!!!!
Je serai aussi sur la route à 12h de Greenwitch (8h chez moi), mais je posterai quand même... after, at 12 in the Caribbean!
pixel
breizh
@miclaud ... Paris GMT + 1 ... mais Ouessant résiste encore et toujours ... L'heure officielle est celle de Paris , mais l'heure pratique est l'heure "locale" cad GMT ... Les suisses ont la solution !
pixel
davidcardona
Here I am! Thanks for doing the awesome things U do dear and gentle Ruth and Ricky! bIg hUg & bEst wIshEs!
pixel
RRproject
OMG photobloggers, it is already tomorrow! it is like if it was like yesterday we made the project and now we are going to the 2nd row! wow! Big thanks for all of you, we are counting to see everyone joining in! if you see one of your friends not participating, tell him/her to join us in this big party! we want to have more than last year! PUT YOUR CAMERAS UP!
pixel
jennyLit
Do we email you the photos now or after we post them?
pixel
RRproject
When you want Jenny!
pixel
RRproject
this is nuts, just like last year people are posting before 12:00, Greenwich midday, when the sun is in the vertical line in London.... Hello? did you read the rules!? haha we know you are excited but hold on!XD
pixel
Arie
PB members who are in Asia or Southeast Asia as I am in particular , often ahead of those in the west. Anyway... I've posted My Best Photo 2011 because I was in a place where I led eight hours from London
pixel
darfoster
I think the confussion might be that your directions say to post at 12 am Greenwich time, not at midday (noon) and I think it is already after 12 am Greenwich time according to my world clock, but I'll wait until after midday!
pixel
liveandletlive
I agree. 12 am indicates midnight. And I also like the idea of using the 24 hour clock that way there can be no misunderstanding. 1200 is noon and 2400 or 0000 is midnight.

If I'm looking at the right clock, it is now December 16 at 3:58 am. In the morning. Before the sun rises. So does this mean I have to wait 8 hours? I think that's what it means but I confess to feeling very stupid about the whole thing.
pixel
darfoster
That's what I think they mean, 8 hours from now, which for you will be about 4:00am. I think I'd wait a little longer than that! LOL!
pixel
liveandletlive
I am actually up and working out then Dar, so no worries.
pixel
DancingDolphin
Darfoster and Liveandletlive are correct, 12am Greenwich time is NOT noon, it's midnight GMT.

Thank goodness I saw McMommy's conversion site!!! 12AM GMT on the 16th is 8AM on the 16th in California... I think!!
pixel
darfoster
Not according to my conversion chart! 12 pm London time would be 5:00 am Denver time, which makes it 4:00 am California time. But really, I think any time in the morning tomorrow will work!! Oh my gosh, could I be any more anal! LOL!
pixel
DancingDolphin
Ha ha... well I know for a fact I won't be posting before 8 AM so apparently I'll be 'safe'!!
pixel
GKorts
As usual nobody takes care for people in the East And we have no winter/summertime, perhaps Jon can call me when it is 12 over there
pixel
darfoster
GKorts - Dec. 16th 4:00 pm for you! Hope that helps!
pixel
Jarvo
Gerd, if all goes to plan I will be at home at noon today. If so I don't mind posting to say "they're off". That said, I believe that Ricky is in the same time zone, he might prefer to do it as it's his baby.
pixel
revenant
In an age of multi-function digital watches and Internet time zone converters, I'm surprised the fiendishly complex maths of adding to/subtracting from 12 might have thrown so many off, especially as we've cleared up the typo of midnight/midday. Feel free to add the Babylonians, those are responsible for our base-12 system, to my list of irritants: Mercator, Caesar, Pope Gregory XIII, Seventh Day Adventists, the inhabitants of the Line Islands, etc., etc., etc.

@ Gerd: not true, I thought about you, the inhabitants of Tonga and the Republic of Kiribati and even the poor, benighted denizens of Sydney, Australia... (hello Jena).

As of writing this (according to my computer's clock), Zero Hour is in three hours and twenty-five minutes, if anyone's still confused.
pixel
TIM927
oh come on,,,what a mess lol,,,the best so as not to go nuts here is to wait till you see many people has posted, then u will know it is the right time hahha
pixel
EvaLizette
I`m happy I live in Norway !! One hour different so I hope I will get it right hahahaha
Bigger problem is.....I have not decided wich one I will chose !!!
pixel
RRproject
Well... I thought 12 a.m. Greenwich time was international enoguh... But hey, post when you want!! LOL!
pixel
marilynx
It's the 12a.m. which confused people...12 midday is correct...hey...but nit-picking is not attractive...and it's Christmas!
Your idea is fabulous, your initiative and effort to be commended... and people are posting! What more can one want.
Rules are made to be broken!
pixel
Jarvo
Time to go:

pixel
va000119
Good job you didn`t say half past for our dutch photobloggers, they take it to mean an hour on from. Missed many a meeting at first with this one, then learnt never to do the 30 thing, much simpler!
pixel
girafferacing
I'm afraid my post will come a bit later today - I haven't had time to choose my best photo yet so I'll be sorting through this afternoon. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else chooses.
pixel
maudlaurens
Nos amis Breizh et Tomie doivent être dans le noir complet !! la tempête est passée sur la Bretagne, et plus d'électricité pour eux actuellement !! Nous aurons leurs meilleures photos 2011 un peu plus tard sans doute !
pixel
marilynx
@ Maudlaurens....Breizh ...il postait pour au'jourd'hui...mais pas "son meilleur photo", juste 5 photos comme normal...il a oublié je crois!
pixel
revenant
@ Ruth: if project participants have pro accounts, all you have to do is right click and save their images for your collage - they will all be 800 x something, so your problem is solved. Sorry I didn't think of this before. BTW, I think you should request permission first.
pixel
marilynx
@ Ruth... I have sent a message...not that it will be well received!!

So far....4 new ones gone to my favs.
How about you out there?
pixel
onlyricky
i'm still seeing few people i wanna see moooooooooooooooore ;)))
pixel
lmxg2011
for me today is not about the pictures,as we all put our best pictures forward, it is about best wishes and good will to all my fellow blogeres and lady blogeres so a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all.
and big thank you to RUTH and RICKY for making this happen
best wishes
Graham (lmxg2011)
pixel
va000119
I`ve got loads new favourites as well as ideas to try out next year, and of course loads of new friends.
pixel
marilynx
I'm upto 9 new favs.
Davids best image left me speechless...well, almost!
pixel
girafferacing
Sorry Ruth - life has got in the way and I won't be able to post my best pic today after all - it'll happen over the weekend and I'll tag it appropriately so it's visible to anyone who searches. Apologies for letting everyone down...
pixel
DieRomantic
I not know re size... projekt makers make four me? thanks
pixel
Celestica
hi MrsBox n onlyricky, wud y'all re-size the photo for me? I'm bad with softwares!I've been busy with family problems so I only saw the message today...Seem I'm still in time for the big party! Y'all Happy Celebrations
pixel
emedementa
i'm in!
pixel
maudlaurens
Bonjour a tous !

Avez vous reçu la mienne ? je l'ai envoyée a l'adresse indiquée ?
pixel
onlyricky
I've counted 128 participants so far!
don't forget the tag best2011 and send it to the email indicated! You're still in time to post your best photo 2011
pixel
yellodog
So, what was the latest suggestion for resize size for the mosaic?
pixel
yellodog
100 pp/inch or 100 pp/cm?
pixel
RRproject
People, as someone said here in the forum... rules are made to be broken.

So, we will wait for anyone who needs it... some people are busy working these days, some others are ill, some others are in holidays. Don't worry, we will wait for you to make the big collage.

If everything's ok, we will post the collage on 30 or 31 december, ok?

R&R
pixel
onlyricky
I guess no one will oppose to us pick the picture... in fact, we say in the rules, if someone was against would participate or would say, what do you say?
pixel
danrav
Sadly, who knows what a disgruntled person may do.

As there is no expectation of privacy here and there is no intent on profit or publication of the poster beyond where the photographs have been posted intially, I see no problem. In my opinion.

However - I am not a lawyer. I say do it.
pixel
davidcardona
lOl! U r an incredible artist and woman dear and gentle Ruth! Thank U and Ricky for the things U do and the way U do it! bIg hUg & wArm rEgArds! AlwAys!
pixel
karmankwarner
I sent you my permission but I will add it here as well. Thanks TONS for putting this together! It is AMAZING to see the great works of everyone!! Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Blessed Celebrations, Wonderful Happiness in the coming year, and may you ALL find that you are blessed beyond your desires in 2012.
PS~If I forgot a celebration please let me know cause this list is all I is aware of!
pixel
EvaLizette
@karmankwarner
You can add GOD JUL ) Swedish way of saying it and I wish you the best one ))
pixel
pixel
pixel