pixel
breizh
... Write "Merry Christmas" in our native language, or that which we hold most to heart with a shared tag: xmas2011 ...
If you read this, thank you to translate it and pass it to your friends ...
... Ecrire "Joyeux Noël" dans notre langue maternelle , ou celle qui nous tient le plus à coeur, avec un tag commun : xmas2011 ...
Si vous lisez ceci, merci de le traduire et le répercuter à vos amis ...
pixel
EvaLizette
Julblot, jólablót or Midvinterblot, julofferfest, is a celebration of the Norse religion. The exact time of blotet is controversial. Some say that it was held at the winter solstice in late December, while others say that it was in mid-January. The latter date comes from midwinter was incident on January 14. [7] Christmas (Old Norse jol) is the term for the pre-Christian Scandinavian Midwinter julblot, Norse jólablót or "Midvinterblot". Julblot or Midvinterblot celebrated in mid-winter when the days are shortest and nights longest, that is, around the winter solstice. It is believed that the celebration of this day was a worship of this feature of the day, when it was interpreted as a re-awakening of nature. Christmas special god was Jólner, which is one of Odin's many names.
( Copied from Wikipedia )

Just a little old time history )

God Jul everyone!!
pixel
revenant
I was just telling someone that atheists suffer from a lack of sincere wishes at this time of year (at least atheists are aware of it). "Happy Holidays" is a weak-ass PC thing to wish someone, but it still has the edge over "Entropy and the second law of thermodynamics notwithstanding, enjoy yourself before you disappear into oblivion".

I've been toying with some useful wishes for this time of year. Below are some of those I hope you don't need:

1. May the hangover after the office Xmas party be massive enough for you to forget what a prick / slut you were last night.

2. May you not run out of valium for when the family / in-laws come over for that harrowing experience of bitchiness, emotional torture and stress otherwise known as "The Christmas Dinner".

3. May your children be struck with a 48-hour bout of a mysterious illness that calms them down and deprives them of the power of speech until Boxing Day.

4. May one of your Christmas prezzies be a loaded bazooka for the neighbours' Christmas fairy lights. (Sorry, that's one I want you lot to wish me.)

4a. May it come with a second shell in the likely event I miss the first time.

5. May relative/partner/friend who always gives exactly the same thing every year be struck with temporary amnesia and/or a strong desire to offer you a gift voucher.

6. And probably the only one that really counts: may you survive this dreadful period in health and happiness until next year's trial.

Feel free to translate these into any language you want. Don't count on me; I'm on strike this year and will soon be hitting the Festive Spirits, sorry, spirit.
pixel
va000119
Nadolig Llawen, pawb,a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda. I think thats right can never remember where the damm mutations go......
pixel
breizh
@revenant ... Thanks so much !...
That's "Homeric" ... "Powerful" ... A great sense of humor ! ...
Merci beaucoup , je vais garder dans les annales du blog !
pixel
breizh
@va000119 ... Thanks ! ... here I can read "Celtic" language with so damm mutations ... That's not easy ! ...
pixel
promise
'สุขสันต์วันคริสต์มาส' This is in Thai. We just prefer saying Merry Christmas though. Cheers!
pixel
danrav
After reading all of these great Christmas Greeting in other languages, I feel sort of weak assed for only being able to utter "Merry Christmas" in English. I wish I was French or Swedish or some other nationality. Maybe Breton???? Like Yves! hahahaha
pixel
danrav
BTW - Huiching - your Thai greeting is so beautiful to look at in print! Awesome.
pixel
marilynx
As I spent a few Christmases in Slovenia :

" Vesel božič " ...

Gelukkig kerstfeest, Joyeux Noël and Merry Christmas
pixel
Eiram
Veselé Vánoce a šťastný nový rok!
From Prague, Czech republic
pixel
breizh
Merry Christmas to everyone
Happy Christmas Eve !...
Thought for those who do not celebrate Christmas, and those who will alone ...
pixel
pixel
pixel