pixel
mawey
i'm thinking of moving on from my old d70 to a d7000 somewhen this year, if i can find a dealer that has the camera available in the bundle with the AF-S VR 18-200mm (which it doesn't seem to be right now).

my main reasons for "upgrading" are:
- the better/bigger monitor on the back (about twice the size of my d70)
- the higher ISO flexibility (from 100 ISO to 6400 instead of 200 to 1600 for the d70)
- compatibility with my DX lenses (both cams have a lens motor)
- HD video capability (yes, i occasionally venture into moving pics;-)
- the double SD card slot (which finally lets me unify all my external memory chips to ONE single format, hurray!

the d7000 has tons of enthusiastic tests and reviews out there, making me believe it's the best camera ever... i just wonder if any of you have personal experience with it? i rather listen to these than to endless lists of specs i can find on the internet...

thanks for your feedback!
pixel
Riyaz
I was considering upgrading to D7000, but having seen the D800, I am saving up!
pixel
wingclui
They on the different level! D-800 is a semi-pro, and the D-7000 is still a consumer grade one.
I am using the D-200 now, as you said starting to saving up now, go for it or even for one which will be coming soon- the D400!
pixel
Thelilsuga
If you ask me they both sound good.... Man I wish i could afford something as beautiful as that, but budget is tight. but if i could, i would buy it in a heartbeat....
pixel
bluegingerphoto
The d800 is a full frame, light will never be an issue again. Im saving for one as well.
pixel
tomie
the D600 is full frame too and smallest one.
D600
pixel
revenant
I don't know anything about Nikons, but I suspect Marjorie is right. Coming from Canon territory where the initial price of the 5D3 is 1.5 times what the 5D2 cost in 2008, I looked at the 6D and realised why it was substantially cheaper - certainly a downgrade from the 5D2.

A full frame sensor (I'm on my second 5D2) has meaning only if the AF, viewfinder and low-light capabilities are up to spec. Cheaper FF bodies are (relatively) cheaper because these vital functions are pared down, but people are still hooked by the FF sensor.

I thought of selling one of my kidneys to finance a 5D3 (I'm not even going to dream about the 1DX), but given the alcoholic beating they've been given, I doubt I could afford even a battery...
pixel
tomie
Then you can choose the nikon D4...5800E!
pixel
honzicek
Please see this site.
D7000 and D800 are two completely different cameras.
The only same thing is the Nikon name...
http://snapsort.com/compare/Nikon-D800-vs-Nikon_D7000.
I have two happy friends with D7000.
pixel
rcorcoran13
I was given a new Nikon D7000 for my birthday in December and I love it!
pixel
tomie
McMommy, i remind you that you was not too low in buying your D5000...the D3000 was under, and i know many people happy with their D3000. (D3200 today).
here you can see the D600 is high quality camera, but sorry in french.
http://www.nikonpassion.com/nikon-d600-comparaison-capteur-avec-nikon-d800-d700-d90-d7000-et-canon-5d-mark-ii-et-5d-mark-iii/
And you know the best camera doesn't make the best photographer.

mawey for moving from D70 to new camera, D7000 is the best choice for compatibilty of lens and good performances...
pixel
yellodog
Just a reminder that it's not the camera that takes the picture;
Professional photojournalism with an iPhone.:

http://www.benlowy.com/#/editorial/libya--revolution/libya--revolution
pixel
tomie
thank you yellodog for this awesome link! all the shots are fantastic.I recommend you all to see these talented photos.
pixel
durban
i also checked out the link... it is an awesome site. The reportage superb... Thank you again
pixel
ArtBee
Wow! Thanks for the link......absolutely amazing images!
"The camera doesn't matter" as is the case with these captures....
pixel
marilynx
Powerful images indeed...
pixel
CHOSSID
Amazing pics -- TFS!
pixel
busybee
Images that go deep into my heart, so frightening, some of them so young, death such a waste, what will it take to bring peace...............many more lives lost before an answer is found..................................
pixel
Ryana
Just had a look at those pictures ... they made me speechless ... not at all as my life is but so much their life as it really is ... no words ...
pixel
CaseyLynn
I will be purchasing the D7000 for my 50th birthday. It will serve you well and allow you to enjoy moving pictures as well (video) well rounded value for the dollar. Your wont be disappointed. Enjoy your purchase should you take that route. If your skill level is advanced and wish to embark on full frame camera, I agree with everyone it is an expensive proposition. Get what your wants and needs are. Don't cheap out. Until then I believe the d7000 is your bang for the buck
pixel
rcorcoran13
I agree with you about the photographer not the camera making the pictures shine. I took several photos of my son at the park on my Iphone and no one could believe they weren't professionally done. Thank you for the reminder.
pixel
Yves51
just went to say that i upgraded from a D3100 to the D7000 and i`m very satisfied with the camera better feature like iso speed and continues shot 6 ps or you can turn it down to 3ps the opion are incroyable and one thing to keep in mine is is your budget because the D800 is a full frame so you will have to change all your lenses and the cheapest one is about 500$ and it the 35mmm unless you are making money with your photo i don`t think it`s worth it good luck with your purchase......
pixel
SewerRanger
Just an FYI, these are the iPhone photos: http://www.benlowy.com/#/editorial/ilibya/ilibya-1--uprising-by-iphone/iLibyaWEB_0010
You'll notice they're not quite as stunning.

I will agree that you can take good photos with a low quality camera - subject, lighting, framing, etc play a big part in what makes a good photo - however the more you pay for a camera the better the senor inside it and therefore the better you can capture the lighting and color of what you're trying to take. You can make a decent meal out of crummy food, but better ingredients will make a better meal.
pixel
pixel
pixel