i'm thinking of moving on from my old d70 to a d7000 somewhen this year, if i can find a dealer that has the camera available in the bundle with the AF-S VR 18-200mm (which it doesn't seem to be right now).
my main reasons for "upgrading" are:
- the better/bigger monitor on the back (about twice the size of my d70)
- the higher ISO flexibility (from 100 ISO to 6400 instead of 200 to 1600 for the d70)
- compatibility with my DX lenses (both cams have a lens motor)
- HD video capability (yes, i occasionally venture into moving pics;-)
- the double SD card slot (which finally lets me unify all my external memory chips to ONE single format, hurray!
the d7000 has tons of enthusiastic tests and reviews out there, making me believe it's the best camera ever... i just wonder if any of you have personal experience with it? i rather listen to these than to endless lists of specs i can find on the internet...
thanks for your feedback!