pixel
pschtyckque
Hey all. I'm using a D60, and lately when I line up a shot in my viewfinder, the image is perfectly square. But when I look at the results on the computer, the images are tilted by a few degrees. Is this a lens thing? Processor problem? Any help would be great. Thanks!
pixel
wingclui
Slightly tilted in the view finder which you won't notice, will be magnified on the computer screen. Try put your camera on a perfectly level tripod and try take a picture of something as a building (not a tall one) with vertical and horizontal lines, and see the image on the screen with any difference!

Good luck
pixel
pschtyckque
Tried that. I've lined up to ocean horizons, buildings, etc. Same problem. I'm thinking I may have bumped my camera body a time or two, and jarred something out of alignment.
pixel
revenant
I'm glad wingclui made his suggestion and that you've tried it. It does indeed sound like your camera needs servicing. I can't see how the sensor could be misaligned, but I suppose it's possible. The pentaprism may be the problem, which means stripping the body. Sorry, that means time and money.

Does the viewfinder image match the one on the LCD? Have you tried with a different lens?
pixel
pschtyckque
I've tried it with both my 18-55 and 55-200 lenses. Same problem. I'll double check the LCD alignment.

It's not enough of a problem to pay a lot to fix it. Minor Photoshop cropping takes care of it.
pixel
pixel
pixel