pixel
Keryl
FYI...."According to U.S. clocks, May 5, 2012 features the closest and largest full moon of this year. Calendars say May 6, by the way, for this same close full moon as seen from Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Astronomers call this sort of close full moon a perigee full moon. The word perigee describes the moon’s closest point to Earth for a given month. But last year, when the closest and largest full moon occurred on March 19, 2011, many used a term we’d never heard: supermoon. We’ll probably hear that term again at this 2012 close full moon."

Looking forward to seeing some spectacular moon shots from fellow PB'ers!
pixel
Lsample
Thank you for info. Here's hoping for clear weather!
pixel
liveandletlive
Wow! Yay. I guess I better get out there and do my skyclad moon dance.
pixel
beth0110
so, I've tried over and over to take a moon shot without success. any suggestions on settings?
pixel
Keryl
Well, I'm certainly no expert Beth. What I do know is lower your ISO. Most people think, "it's dark at night. I should up my iso." The moon is *bright*...I shoot at 100 and use a tripod.....250mm lens ('cause that's my longest one), and a slow shutter speed, like 60. I hope some more well informed person will add to this!
pixel
SewerRanger
I take my shots of the moon with an ISO 100, a small (usually around 18) f-stop, and a decently quick shutter speed.
pixel
pixel
pixel