pixel
yellodog
pixel
stormfish
great, very clear and helpful review - and most stunning pictures you get out of this camera. but then again, its not the camera doing them, it's the photographer and his models...

thanks a lot for sharing this!
pixel
stormfish
p.s. i'd like to see much more reviews like this here in the forums... i'd be trying to make some time to put up info about my samsung galaxy smartphone cam in a similar style, but it'll have to wait until after my vacation
pixel
revenant
Thanks for the very useful review. DPreview, the web's premier photography resource, posted theirs only this week, so you have an edge over lots of people across the world.

I really like your concrete example of "camera zoom", the Nokia innovation that explains the need for that whopping 41 MP resolution. It's a shame the camera adds artefacts.

The DPreview was relatively mild, but it did point out that highlight clipping was a big issue - which was to be expected, even so. For a phone, I think the IQ is great, although I can't see the purpose of releasing a handset that runs a "dead" OS (Symbian?). I understand that future releases will run on Windows mobile.
pixel
yellodog
@Stéfan
They're in dire straights and need to get a saleable product out the door. It was 5 years in the making and closely tied in with Symbian (then the only game in town). A lot of it will have to be re-written from the ground up for Windows phones and they don't have the time to wait. They probably consider this a trial balloon for the Windows version too. Besides, everyone who buys one will upgrade to the Windows version when it comes so they sell twice as many.
pixel
pixel
pixel