pixel
mikezupan
We have releases the theme of the week. You can view the blog entry here

Please discuss it here
pixel
Merily
I cannot add picture from my blog, i need to add picture with link. the button is not working for me.
pixel
DancingDolphin
How do I REMOVE something?
pixel
Vangelis
I don't understand. What is this supposed to be?
pixel
JuliaGotz
oops. I was trying to figure out how to do it, and 'birth' ended up being submitted twice. How can I fix that?
pixel
JuliaGotz
also, how does voting work, and can you vote for more then one entry?
pixel
JuliaGotz
One of the entries for the theme is a blog that can only be viewed by friends. I think maybe that could be done differently - that if a specific image is shown in themes, it should be viewable by others.
pixel
mikezupan
you can vote for any post you want
pixel
JuliaGotz
I look at the dozens and dozens of entries, and for many of them, I can't tell how the entry has something to do with the theme of 'new beginnings'. I don't know what you could do about that, except maybe to have people put in a short description saying the connection to the theme.

Maybe if the list could have thumbnails, like the 'browse' page, it would be more manageable to see which look interesting to take a better look at.

finally, I think it would be best if each entry was a single photo, so it would be easy to view it all as some kind of slide show before voting, and keep the focus on specific picture.

pixel
Zedsdead
Got to agree there. This seems to be for many, a chance to re-launch their favourite blog, with the link to the theme being tenuous at best. Still, there's nothing actually being won ( is there?) so what the hell, i guess! ?:o)

ps. it occurs to me that each entrant shoud use the bloggers comments box to add a small explanation as to how the blog applies to the theme! seems a fairly simple idea.

pixel
Zedsdead
Is it my imagination? There is surely some irony in the fact that 'FAST', the theme of the 'Week', appears to have been the slowest to depart. Maybe the days have slowed down in honour of this particualr theme - given us a chance to savour its otherwise fleeting delights - but Fast seems to have been with us forever, which in my book is about two weeks, prehaps more. after all, time flies, barely allowing us to photograph it at all!! Will the next theme be 'SLOW' and yet contrive to be gone tomorrow? ?;o)
pixel
JuliaGotz
Zedsdead, I love your posts, your writing!
pixel
ShangriLa
I agree on the points made by julia, seconded by zedsdead.

Also how are the winners decided? Who actually chooses the winners? How many votes can people put in. I find it tedious to look at more than two entries because my computer is so slow so think my vote would have to be invalid.

I would like to see a single entry on perhaps an independent blog page of the theme of the week. It would show in a list all the individual entries, on the understanding that people can only enter one picture. That way it would be easier to view all the pictures and be more meaningful to participate. When the winners are picked, you guys, could go and add the winner label to the winning pictures.

I think it could be a nice touch if the winner of one theme, got to pick the winner (from a short list) of the next theme. And of course the winners picture should be featured on blog of the day.
pixel
catmc
Are we waiting until every photoblogger submits an entry before winners are selected for "old"?
pixel
blind
Theme "Old" has been for so long time... it is time to change theme of the week.
pixel
sicknessinit
it's getting older.. and older
pixel
Zedsdead

i think you guys should meditate awhile on the longevity of FAST. it was with us near 4 weeks before it finally receded beyond the horizon. OLD is now a matter of record, it could be with us forever. if you see HISTORY pop up, you'd all better be sure, a vicous cycle is in full flow!
pixel
kopaczandras
Hi, I would like to know about the Theme of the week, where I can get the theme? Is like something as editing challange?
pixel
catmc
Everything old is new again?
pixel
catmc
This is getting really OLD, really FAST...
pixel
Zedsdead

Old has begun to smell bad. If it hangs around any longer it will mutate binto a new theme called dead.

it would be nice to see some input into this thread from one or other of the mike's. there are questions here that have had no answers in months. is there some form of communication happening elsewhere that I don't know about?. It is clear that the theme of the week has now become theme of the month. Prehaps by changing the name we will at least have an idea what is going on, even if you are too busy to post some answers here.
pixel
catmc
I actually messaged one of the Mike's a few days ago asking what was going on and so far have received no reply.
pixel
Zedsdead

AAAAAAAAAGGGGH!!! It's a never ending nightmare....hey, a new theme.
pixel
catmc
Yep...I'm just going to go sit in the corner and be quiet ;)
pixel
AlexandraPechabaden
Poor Eidea!
pixel
catmc
I'm becoming a little frustrated with the Theme of the Week Turned Month. "City" has been up for an eternity and there are now 319 entries? Let's go back to the Theme of the Week when we actually had an opportunity to look at the entries and vote properly?

And don't get me started on the fact that probably more than half of the 319 in "City" have nothing at all to do with "City"...
pixel
jrregaldie
Michael & Mike,
could you please take a look at the numerous issues there are with the Theme of the Week ?
more on the issue on this thread:
http://www.photoblog.com/forum/post/6352/

Thanks a lot
pixel
kambo
the theme hasn't been updated for quite sometime it seems

is it still active? thanks
pixel
sarahnadesarah
Wait, but really though-- the themes seem to be the same for MONTHS at a time. The current theme, "Hidden", has been there for.ev.er. When is it going to change??
pixel
pixel
pixel