pixel
revenant
I can't open your file to edit it in PS, but I think you could crop the right-hand side to place the bench along one of the thirds lines. As I suggested elsewhere, it might be interesting to shoot again using a telephoto and a wide aperture from further away to compress the bench relative to the background and put it in off-centre.
Hope this helps and look forward to seeing the result!
pixel
Jarvo
Nice shot, but I think the light is a little bright bouncing off the pavement. Not sure what you can do about it though, Peter. I'd guess that if you changed angles you'd spoil the shot. Have you considered channeling the sunlight down a carboard tube? ;-)
pixel
Toscana
I also think the light is bright bouncing off the pavment, some lower lighting would set a better mood I believe..
I also think a shot from the front would be quite interesting..
pixel
rokas
Yeah, I do agree - contrast is a bit on a high side. It's possible to fix it using shadows/highlights in PS, unfortunately I don't have it at hand at the moment. A quick try using irfanview:

pixel
MeusCorpus
I have done a very quick edit of this shot which I think helps but I havent a clue how to display it in this string.
pixel
DancingDolphin
I'm never a big fan of a single focal point being centered... I really like what rokas has done. I think your shot has too much contrast, the area behind the bench being too dark (lost details) and the sidewalk & lower right being blown out (also lost detail)

Now a question for you... how does one upload photos to this forum? I can't figure it out...
pixel
MeusCorpus
This is what I came up with (very quickly) If I had more time I think I would try to get a little more detail out of the shadows, but I like the composition and square format.

pixel
pixel
pixel