Kevin spent an hour or so weeding the front garden this morning which left us with several bare patches of earth in the flower bed. I’d been planning to get some lavender to help attract the bees for some time so this afternoon we went and bought some, along with some bedding plants to fill the gaps. I tried shooting some photos of the lavender this evening but couldn’t get the angles quite right. In the end I plumped for this shot of one of the plants we already had in the garden (I’m not sure what it is), taken with my 50mm prime lens at f2.5 to create a nice blur behind the single flower I picked out to focus on. No doubt the lavender will feature on my blog at a future date – if the plants attract the bees as I hope they will I’m aiming to take some macro shots of them!