This train station (or Depot), was built by the Southern Pacific in the 1890's. It is of a standard SP depot designed, designated SP Standard # 22, it is a two level depot, with a freight building attached. Passenger train service ended in 1965 to Springfield. In 1988 the SP offered the station to the City of Springfield, if they would move it. It was moved, and later restored. It now houses the Chamber of Commerce and an antique shop.