The Alexander Square is a small and beautiful green place of Minsk surrounded with the city. It was founded in 1872 with building the first public water-pomp system. The governor of Minsk ordered to erect there the modernist fountain “Boy and Swan” and the first public toilet.
In time, the people began to call the fountain as “Panikowski” in honor of one hijacker of geese. In 1980s a group of young vandals broke a neck of the swan and after the restoration this neck became crooked.
As for the toilet, it has its own amusing story. The architect designed its shape as of the palace of one rich lord that had insulted the architect. It’s interesting to note that the palace was ruined during the Second World War, while the toilet is still staying and still working.