It’s been a busy few weeks in terms of product development and site’s progress. I would like to update you regarding the tasks we are releasing this week.
1. Numbering individual photos for ease of referring to them. A lot of users have asked me to bring back the old site's photo numbering system so that they could refer to the photo by its number when commenting.
2. We would like to facilitate better photo referencing in comments. To that effect, we have added a "comment" icon next to each photo. When you click on this icon, it will take you to the comment box and reference that photo automatically. So you can just start typing your comment for that specific photo. When a photo is referred in a comment, it will convert into a link to that specific photo. This way, a comment reader can check which photo the comment is referring to.
You can also manually refer to a photo by typing the # sign and the photo number. For Example, "I like #3 photo for its bokeh effect".
3. Progressive lazy image loading. Sometimes post layout breaks if the browser takes a while to download full format photos. To avoid this layout breaking issue, we are first loading a small image and gradually converting that to a high-quality photo. This also yields a cool loading effect when you scroll down to photos in a post. Still a beta release, we will improve this further in the coming days.
4. Sorting of blog post snippets. You have requested for the ability to sort posts. Now you can sort posts in user home page and category pages.
5. Linking notification links to the actual event. For example, if a member favorited your image, the notification will take you to the relevant image.
6. Improving readability in our post grids (larger fonts)
drop capital option in the editor! This is a really cool effect that gives you a bigger first letter in your paragraphs. I hope you all like it. This option is available for any paragraph with more than three lines.
1. Profile header section redesigns for better presentation of information
2. Image EXIF data
4. Forum launch (We are looking for moderators to help us. Please PM me if interested)
As always, if you encounter any bugs, please let us know via comments or feedback forum. Thank you all for your patience with us.