Teatinerkirche, also known as the Church of St. Kajetan, is a Catholic Church, which was a Palace, Cathedral, and Church of the order of Theatines.
The Church was established in gratitude for the birth of the long-awaited heir to the Bavarian crown, Prince max Emanuel in 1662.
The initial sample for Theatinerkirche was the main theatines the Church of Sant'andrea della Valle in Rome.
The first stone of the Shrine was laid in 1663. Finally the Church was completed only in 1768.
The Church had an adjacent monastery. Together the Church and cloister formed a large quadrangle.
The Church was built in Italian high Baroque, was the first Church of its kind in Bavaria and it became the model for other Church buildings of high Baroque in Bavaria.