From the Collection of the Frederiksborg Museum

by Agnes Felber November. 23, 2015 889 views

The Frederiksborg Museum was founded by royal decree on 5 April 1878 and was opened to the public on 1 February 1882. The original collection was based on the paintings which had been saved from the castle fire but, with the help of the Jacobsen fund, it was soon extended to include other cultural artefacts including paintings and furniture. Over the next thirty years, the collection was considerably extended with paintings providing a national record of the most important figures in Danish history from the Middle Ages to the present day.

  Be the first to like this post
Join the conversation
0
Be the first one to comment on this post!
Up
Copyright @Photoblog.com