The town hall was also severely hit during the Allied bombing of February 26 to 27, 1944, but immediately protected by the townspeople from the rain that now had free rein, and reinaugurated on May 16, 1947. Restoration of the facade was finished in 1955, the interior was again finished in 1962. Another twenty years later, in the first half of the 1980s, the focus of the restoration work shifted to the Goldener Saal and one of the connecting Prince's Rooms.
Croatian Diary - August 17: Augsburg (Deutschland/Germany) - part 7
by Björn Roose May. 26, 2020 145 views
5 PEOPLE like it like this post