Popular Gelderland posts on PhotoBlog.com

The abandoned village The grounds of Kamperveen were reclaimed from the twelfth century. It is known that at this time the bishop Godfried van Rhenen gave…

Burial vault of the Engelenburg family. In 1833 Frans Thomas Engelenburg, who lived in the house 'De Oldhorst', had this crypt built for members of the family.…

In 1777 permission was granted to build a mill in Veessen. The mill was built in 1779. In 1888 a steam mill was built next to the mill, "De Stoom". A gas engine…

Originally "de Parckelaer" was a manor. The oldest records date from 1434. Just like the nearby manor house of Kruisvoorde, it was part of the possessions of…

In 1873 it was decided to build a school in Hoorn itself. For 300 guilders a piece of land is bought on the Beatrixweg. The school building and the house are…

The part of the Veluwe was once an extensive heathland. The peat areas were created by seepage water from the moraine. The Wisselse Veen has long remained…

Former ox stable built in 1850. Used while working on the heath and in the woods. The ox stable is next to the "Ossenberg" (ox mountain)

Radio Kootwijk: the broadcasting station that was built in the 1920s for radio-telegraphic contact with the then Dutch East Indies. The imposing building, which…

A clay pit or clay pit is a quarry, whether or not filled with water. A clay pit is created by excavating clay for building material (for floors or for…
Loading...
Up
Copyright @Photoblog.com