Remember those artichokes I posted for focus stacking? Well they weren't just bought for photography, thankfully, as far as my husband is concerned. His comment today was "I hope you don't go buy a new car just to photograph it." Of course not was my response , which no doubt made him ecstatic.
Anyway back to the artichokes....they are tonight's dinner. They have been prepared, by the hubby, by having the tops cut off, and rubbed with lemon juice, ready to go into the microwave to cook for approximately 14 minutes. They will be served with some hot butter for dipping.
The artichokes will be accompany by a nice french boules (store bought) and homemade cheese soup. One of the most simplest soups to make, yet quite delicious.
Cheese Soup Recipe:
- 2 1/2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 1/2 quarts (6 cups) chicken stock
- 16 oz bag of frozen California blend vegetables (cauliflowers, carrots, broccoli)
- 2 cans Campbell's cream of chicken soup
- 1-2 cups cooked chicken breasts (shredded or cut up into chunks)
- 1 lb. Velveeta Cheese (cut into chunks)
Saute the first three ingredients in some oil or butter until aromatic. Add the chicken stock and boil for about 10 minutes. Add the frozen vegetables and boil for about 10 more minutes. Add the Campbell soup and cut up chunks of Velveeta cheese. Finally add the chicken breasts. Stir and allow the mixture to simmer for a while before serving.
Perfect meal for a cold winter night.....yes sadly it is still cold and miserable here .
P.S. Don't forget the Irish butter...best tasting butter to have with bread.