Once again playing with food or in this case beverages.
If you have not had Dalgona Coffee, I highly recommend it, especially if you want something sweet.
While the recipe below is for cold brew, you can have it hot as well.
- 2 Tbsp instant coffee
- 2 Tbsp white granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp water hot
- 1/2 cup milk low fat, regular, almond, soy, goat's milk
- In a large mixing bowl, add coffee, sugar and HOT water in 1:1:1 ratio.
- Whisking by hand - using a whisk, first mix the coffee, sugar and water until everything is melted. Then start whisking!!! It should form a hard peak in about 2 minute and 30-40 seconds OR do the challenge and whisk about 400 times.
- IMPORTANT - use large mixing bowl (having enough space for your whisk to whip air in) and round whisk (fork or spoon will be too hard). Tilt at an angle.
- Whisking using a hand mixer or stand mixer - first mix at lowest speed until all the coffee and sugar are dissolved. Then turn the speed to highest setting and mix for 1 min 30 seconds or until hard peaks form. Set aside.
- Fill 2/3rd of a cup with cold milk (about 1/2 cup) and add some ice.
- Spoon the foam and add it to the top of the cup. Mix it with a spoon to enjoy it as a latte or just as it is as you get a little bit of milk and foam in one sip. ENJOY!!!