Raspberry- Chocolate Jam
1 pound (3¼ cups) raspberries
1½ cups sugar
1½ teaspoons bottled lemon juice
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (use more if you want more of the chocolate taste)
1) Place 2 small plates in freezer to chill. In large saucepan, bring raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice to boil, stirring often, over medium-high heat. Boil until raspberries have broken down and released their juices, about 5 minutes.
2) Whisk in chocolate until completely melted, about 1 minute. Continue to boil mixture, stirring and adjusting heat as needed, until thickened and registers 217 to 220 degrees, 3 to 5 minutes. (Temperature will be lower at higher elevations; see Temp the Jam for more information.) Remove pot from heat.
3) To test consistency, place 1 teaspoon jam on chilled plate and freeze for 2 minutes. Drag your finger through jam on plate; jam has correct consistency when your finger leaves distinct trail. If runny, return pot to heat and simmer for 1 to 3 minutes longer before retesting.
4) Meanwhile, place two 1-cup jars in bowl and place under hot running water until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes; shake dry.
5) Using funnel and ladle, portion hot jam into hot jars. Let cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate until jam is set, 12 to 24 hours. (Jam can be refrigerated for up to 2 months.)
*Note: I don't like seeds in my jam, hence I separated the seed using a fine mesh sieve.