Rockefeller Park Greenhouse II
- Posted Feb. 9, 2009 by Kevin in Ohio - Cleveland - University Heights. Viewed 2948 times
- This is a migrated legacy post. Image resolution is low. Info
The first plans for the City Greenhouse were presented in 1902. Three years later the first units were completed on a portion of the 270 acres donated to the City by John D. Rockefeller.
The Greenhouse was initially used solely for growing the plants used to landscape City parks and gardens. While city beautification is still one of our goals, the Greenhouse and grounds have since evolved into a Botanical garden with specialty plant collections, seasonal floral displays, and theme gardens.
1 There is 1 comment, add yours!