It was settled as Township No. 8, then incorporated on January 24, 1833 as Byron, named for the English poet Lord Byron. Nicknamed Hop City, agriculture was the principal occupation. There were two sawmills operating in the area. The Rumford Falls & Rangeley Lakes Railroad was completed in 1896, carrying freight, tourists and "rusticators" from Rumford up the Swift River valley through Byron and Houghton to Mooselookmeguntic Lake.
Coos Canyon Gorge Part 3
by Pete Fitzgetald December. 18, 2018 575 views
10 PEOPLE like it like this post