Did you wake up this morning to find that your Creativity had taken an unscheduled vacation or maybe just needs a boost ?
Here are some easy (cheap) ways to find your spark again :
- Breathe : Yes you read right, whenever we are stressed we tend to either hold our breath or shallow breathe. So sit and consciously breathe. Inhale and exhale - easy right ?
- Work space : Does this space need a reshuffle so that you can face a beautiful uplifting window or maybe a lick of paint ? It is amazing how a new coat of paint can change a space. Decorate your work space with a vision board containing photos that inspire you.
- Declutter (physical) : Does your work space or perhaps your home need a declutter. Whatever you dont need, donate to a worthy cause. This will leave your feeling uplifted immediately
- Declutter (mental) : There may be some unresolved issues which need to be decluttered. Do a self diagnostic check and listen to what your body and mind are saying to you. This process may take some time but if you have a plan whether this is to chat to a close friend or something more detailed, this is totally your call. We ALL carry baggage, its called human. What you do with this baggage is your decision.
- Exercise : My form of exercise is yoga which always puts me in a good place. Exercise big or small reboots the system and gets things back on track.
- Renovate / Repair : If you don't like a formalised exercise, then painting a wall or fixing a broken faucet, is an amazing way to feel like you have accomplished something and also uses muscles that may have not been used for some time.
- Learning : As we get older, we feel like our brains are "too old" to learn things but in fact the more we try out new things, the younger we feel. Do not let age be a block for trying out something new. Challenge yourself with something totally out of your comfort zone and you will be amazed at what you can accomplish.
- Kindness : Show yourself some kindness and patience. Life is all about the ups and the downs which equals the balance in one's life. So even if you are currently in a low spot, give yourself a chance to be there and know that you will have your up around the next corner. Life is, after all a journey.
I do hope that this post has given you some ideas. If you would like to share your top tip for getting your Creativity back into action, feel free to share below in the comments. Look forward to hearing from you.
Much Love, Fleetingtime
p.s. are we connected via Instagram @fleetingtime3