So recently I have been mulling over the truth of working from home. Many may think that working from home is this glamorous scenario where your study is fresh from a decor magazine and your dress code is fit for Vogue. Unfortunately I may have to dispute these urban legends.
- No commuting to work so save petrol, time and vehicle wear and tear.
- Coffee on tap.
- Less interruptions (more under cons).
- Set up your work space to your own liking.
- Choose your own working hours and days.
- Choose your own dress code.
- Helps you to practice self motivation and determination to get things done.
- Less likely to dress up for work - BTS image below - hair up in a messy bun, sun dress to keep cool in the Panamanian humidity and no make up.
- Less structure.
- Caffeine overload.
- Interruptions of a different kind - popper inners, distractions (laundry, dishes, house cleaning, pets, etc).
At the end of the day, you are ultimately the Master of your own Destiny. So whether you sit in a more formal office environment or your piece of paradise at home, put a smile on your dial and keep on trucking ! Great things are coming your way !!
Jennifer of Fleetingtime Photography