As our year draws to close and we start out next long journey to our new chapter in Foshan City, China - I sit and reflect on lessons learnt, friendships formed and the experiences which have made us stronger and hopefully wiser.
Today 23rd December 2018 we start our long slow journey to China, so I thought it fitting to dedicate this post to things that will always make me think of Panama (Central America).
- Two seasons : dry hot & wet hot
- Brightly coloured clothes
- Brightly painted buildings
- Shops with English names but (often) no one speaks English therein
- Big smiles
- People trying to help even though there is 95% of the time a language barrier
- Many many green trees
- Potholes many potholes
- VERY fast driving bus drivers
- Everyone has a cell phone (rich or poor)
- Rice, beans, chicken
- Impressive cloud formations & sunsets
- Skinny healthy cows
- Growing fence posts
- Cars with packaging tape, duct tape or roof repair tape
- Cars with wheels going in different directions
- Horses in the back of pick ups
- Many barbers, many car washes
- Love love Christmas
- New friendships & amazing hospitality
- Uniform of any kind worn with pride
- Women : beautifully made up, hair & nails etc
- Men : attention to detail with hair
- Watches must be big and 'blingy'
- Same goes for cell phone covers - must be interesting and/or colourful
I hope that my blog posts over the last year have given you some insights into this beautiful country. If you have any questions, feel free to leave me a comment or email me direct.
May you and your family have a beautiful Happy and Healthy Christmas !!
Feliz Navidad !