Following on from my previous post "How to Become a Full-Time Photographer", below are 20 tips on how to start your photography business.
- Choose your business name.
- Choose your location for your business.
- Decide on shareholders of the business.
- Decide on main focus of the business.
- Decide on photography rates.
- Choose an accounting software programme.
- Decide on branding.
- Create a business website.
- Create social media: business Facebook page and business Instagram page.
- Register the business.
- Register business for tax.
- Open business bank account.
- Update accounting software with business registration number and bank details.
- Finalise website.
- Create a blog page.
- Create admin workflow.
- Create client tip sheets.
- Create email templates.
- Create road map/directions for clients (if applicable)
- Create a referral reward programme.
I have made this post very summarised for a quick read. If you need more information/guidance, drop me a comment below or check out my longer article.
Do you have your own photography company? Or are you wanting to start one?
“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
― Dr. Seuss