When we look through the window, we all wish for things.
This can be an exciting new job, travelling, buying a new home, a new relationship or working abroad etc. All these new things can be categorised as CHANGE, which is funny enough the one thing we as humans generally dislike the most. Yet we still, every day wish for some kind of change in our lives.
Here are 14 tips for coping with change:
- Once you have agreed to a change, accept the fact that there is going to be some turbulence ahead but all will be fine in the long run.
- Don't panic.
- All change (good or bad) comes with stress so manage this stress accordingly.
- Control what you can control, but remember that you can't control everything.
- Don't think too far ahead. Rome was not built in a day.
- Plan carefully and diarise what needs to be done when.
- Make sure you eat balanced meals to keep energy levels up.
- Get some exercise every day.
- Get enough sleep.
- Turn to your friends/family/network for support.
- Dwell on the positives of this change.
- Be proactive and get something done every day.
- Unplug from social media if you need to do.
- Once the change has taken place, you will need a moment to settle so be patient with yourself.
"You don't have to hold yourself hostage to who you used to be." -- Oprah Winfrey