Where a new year should signal hope, happiness and lots of travel, this new year started off in a very sad way with the Coronavirus outbreak. At first, we thought 'hey, it's nothing'. But then when we saw the case numbers increase and the purchasing of a surgical mask becoming more difficult than speaking to the Pope, we soon realised this is a serious business. Soon places were on lockdown, airlines were canceling their flights and the world just seemed to be going crazy. This was definitely going to be a very different new year not just for us in China but for the world as a whole.
During this crazy time as well as our quarantine, we decided to rather view this as a learning curve and a time to focus on the good.
Some positives that came out of quarantine:
- Quality time with my Husband;
- Learned to crack Sudoku puzzles many times over;
- Found a fantastic solitaire scrabble app for my tablet;
- Study my Spanish;
- Decorated our little apartment and made it a homely space;
- Learned to cook some interesting concoctions of food for our various meals;
- Caught up with family members and my old friends ;
- Made new friends;
- Updated all my business social media and website (www.fleetingtime.org);
- Finished my embroidery project which I started in 2019;
- Created more yoga classes and then practiced them;
- Time to meditate and enjoy the sunshine through the window;
- Sorted out cupboards;
- Created more photography stock;
- Playtime with my camera;
- I never knew that I could play table tennis;
- More focus on indoor exercise and eating better;
- Networking with other photographers;
- Thoroughly cleaned our home and organised everything;
- Grateful for little things: shelter, food, water, warmth, love and friendship;
This is just a few that I could think of off-hand, but I'm sure you get my drift. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below.