2019 Calendar Workshop

(Berckmans Peter) #21

Architecture in landscape, is quite a challenge

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #22

Yes, including all this special twists and details we may develope - and of course this #photoblog2019 or #photoblog365 hashtag!

There are 12 main topics. Each topic could apear once in a month. Therefore 12 days of each month would be filled up with 12 different but every month reaping main topics. Of course there has to be twist, a change, a challenge every month.

I add some suggestions to your, @canon6d, list:

1. World in a bubble (if it won’t fit in - maybe it will have a place in a different category)
  2. Catch the fly
  3. Roots
  4. Looking down on earth

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #23

I will give if a thought. I use most of the time Twitter ( I’m @ebensolch - it’s the name of my blog) - would be easy to search if the hashtag is unique enough - and frequently Facebook. Instagram isn’t my world, because I never use my mobil for photography and I made a mess of uploding other pictures. Maybe more photobloggers could do this together? @peterphotowalks (you have an FB account) and @unicornlover (you have an IG account) do you want to join in such a task next year?

(Camellia) #24

I saw Ram’s post so came here with a suggestion, after reading/viewing Peter’s post “Flower’s at the Castle”. He is challenging himself to add architecture to his photographs of flowers, which made me think that some of the topics should be more specific, focusing on one thing for the entire week so that we are challenging ourselves to make improvements in our photography. For example pick one point of view and shoot everything from that angle for a week or pick manual more or aperture priority and shoot in that mode for a week or shoot one thing 7 different ways…anyway just an idea.:slight_smile:

(Lisa Britton) #25

I actually had the same thought this morning ie, take a subject and shoot it 7 different ways/ideas/styles for the week.

I think we will definitely give it a try.

(Lisa Britton) #26

I am happy to help out, but the only account I have is FB.

(Lisa Britton) #27

Do we actually need to make this a separate event?

My thought is to use the photos that are posted for the 365. I think that a photo should be selected each week of the month and then a final photo each month. At the end of the year the 12 photos from through out the year would be used to find our Best Photo of the Year.
This is just the basics and the logistics need to be worked out.

(Berckmans Peter) #28

Sorry my fb page is as good as dead and am even thinking about closing it;

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #29

do we have already some technical ideas on the list?

• panning
  • shutter speed
  • angle
  • focus
  • bokeh
  • aperture
  • tripod

(Ram Ya) #30

OK I’ll make a note here to include these hashtags and competition as part of the introduction post.
Thanks for the info about the 12 days. I like the ideas of doing 12 different topics under one theme in a given month. That gives you a chance to actually improve.

Lisa, I can help you with the IG selection.

After @strohschneider-laue 12 days of theme, we still have about 18 days of the month left. How about we pick one photography education based theme per month as well? @camellia can you please come up with 12 themes? I can think of two themes p.s. I see that Sigrid beat me to it :slight_smile:

Here are my ideas for the

Aperture theme
My ideas for that theme would be

• selective focus
  • f/11 landscape photo
  • f/2.8 or f/4 portrait (some may not have f/2.8 lens)
  • Foreground elements

Can someone think of something else for aperture theme? We do not need to force 7 days from a theme. Let’s do as much as we can come up with.

(Ram Ya) #31

I would like to add the following

• Composition
  • Macro
  • Light

Any others?

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #32

I think, we have forgotten
postprocessing

(Lisa Britton) #33

I have Zoom in listed for January

(Camellia) #34
  • Low Key
  • High Key
  • Time Lapse
  • Long exposure
  • Bracket exposure
  • Focus stacking
  • Starbursts
  • Zoom bursts
  • Negative space
  • Leading Lines
  • Diptych/triptych
    Not sure what to call it but something to do with light, such as off camera flash or external light. Some of these overlap but just wanted to brainstorm.

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #35

YESSS!!!
Cold sweat appears on my forehead …
… but YESS!!!
Is there maybe more, what I don’t want to remember, because I can’t do it - nevertheless I should at least try it once in a year?!? :sweat_smile: :+1:

(Russell Smith) #36

Abstract as a topic .

(Anna Molly) #37

Hi everyone! I’m new here (just signed up today)
As of now I can’t afford to go pro, my disability dispersement is on 10/3 so once that does through, then I will create and build my photoblog. But feel free to ask questions if you have for me, folllow me, etc.
I am confused though as this is for 2019, what about 2018?
Either way, some ideas I have. If any have been mentioned, I apologize and would appreciate if you let me know. I did read through the topics already listed, but my memory is pretty bad, so if I do, it’s because I forgot.

1. self portrait (can be literal, similar to a selfie but much more thought out I hope. Or it could be images, places, people, things so it’s a self portrait in that we learn about you, what you enjoy.) or even using a tripod, do a self portrait of doing something you love or that represents you, ie. if you play guitar, set up the camera and do self timer, and get a shot of you playing guitar.

2. Pick a song (whether you love or hate it doesn’t matter), and photograph what that song respresents to you whether through the lyrics, or the sound itself & how it makes you think/feel and capture that, explaining in the blog portion the song what part you were focused on and how it relates to what you shot.

3. Environmental portrait, which typically consists of a shot of a someone doing their job or something they love so it tells us about them by the environment we see in the photo. ie. a fireman in his gear in the firehouse or next to/on a fire truck.

4. Living being that is non-human, so basically any type of animal(s), flowers/plants, etc.

5. Your interpretation to a famous photographer’s work. So you would choose someone, for example Robert Maplethorpe (for here I would say his still life images), study their work, and come up with a project to shoot that is based on their style while in the blog, giving a synopsis of the photographer, so we get a little bit of photo history in there to learn about.

That’s all I can think of for now but let me know what you all think, any feedback is good, just like holding critiques, great to hear when people love your work and hearing what they think/feel from it, but even if it’s constructive criticism, which at first might be defeating, it’s the best way to learn and improve!

(Anna Molly) #38

Love the idea of weekly projects/themes and then one for the month! Better timeline.

(Lisa Britton) #39

So I spend a couple of hours working on the calendar and filling in the days, Please take a look at it and see if we need to make any adjustments. I would like to have everyone submit “New or Celebration” photo’s for January so we can complete it and move on with February we have 11 months to go and I would love to be able to have the 2019 365calendar completed by the end of October.

Hope everyone has a great Day!

(Lisa Britton) #40

Welcome and thanks for joining in. Everyone’s thoughts and ideas are welcome.
There is a current 365 calendar that many of us are using (Ram can let you know how to access it) the current ideas are to create a combined idea/unified 365 for next year. Looking forward to October when you can join in, pull up 2018 calendar and join from October and go forward from there.