An apology for my absence

(Ram Ya) #1

As you all know, I have been inactive in PhotoBlog for a while now. I would like to give you all an update with this post.

This took a lot of searching and the courage to write. So please bear with me…

PB was my first project on such a scale and I made a lot of mistakes, especially in the beginning stages. I got really discouraged when we finally released the new site because of the high expectations I set for myself.

These expectations were crippling me mentally. As a result, I distanced my self from the site and even photography to some extent.

More and more I realize that PhotoBlog’s value is in the connections we make here and the satiation one gets from sharing stories with others. I would like to be active again and focus more on these aspects and worry less about money.

Money is important for any site to survive. PB makes about 50% of its costs though pro accounts. The rest I am paying out of pocket. I am happy to do it because I know PB hosts invaluable memories and stories from so many members who are passionate about photography.

I would like to apologize for my absence. At the same time, I am very thankful to everyone who contributed by becoming pro members. I am also thankful to members like Helen and Jennifer for their contributions as well as words of encouragement.

My engagement will be slow in the beginning. I will mostly focus on helping members navigate and use the site. I know a lot of you have feature requests. I am glad to take these requests but any active technical developments need to wait a few months.

Thank you all for being patient with me and keeping the site active!

(Berckmans Peter) #2

Welcome back Ram. You have created a place that is one of a kind. With the problems some of us were looking around what is on the market. But nothing like pb,be proud on it. We are here and stay here. Went pro today,was just waiting to hear from you Again, happy to hear from you.

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #3

I’m so glad, that you are back! Everybody was worried and hoped nothing serious happened to you … Your post is a really brave step, because it seems it was a serious problem, because you needed some distance and abandoned your “child” for a while.

And I have to admit I was - in an egoistic way - really concerned, that I would loose all this wonderful connections, would never see so many beautiful pictures at once and never again learn so much about photography in such a short time.

I have also to admit, I wanted to become a “pro” on Photoblog for a long time, but I didn’t want to “invest” in a dying project. I hope you are capable to respond more frequently in future. It would be not only nice, but sometimes really important to get answers to questions, which can’t be answered by Helen or the community. I’m sure, I’m not the only one, who is missing this nice additional information like this tutorials. Maybe it’s possible, that members of the community can provide some support in this area?!

In the end the most important thing is: YOU ARE BACK!

(Ram Ya) #4

Thanks a lot for the encouraging words @strohschneider-laue @peterphotowalks

Iam looking forward to being active again.

(Berckmans Peter) #5

Hope our photos gives you the taste ahain

(Russell Smith) #6

Welcome back I look forward to seeing your posts. Take a breath and enjoy . If you need help just ask and I am quite sure you will have the help needed on the blog. I appreciate seeing you here again.

(Ram Ya) #7

Thanks a lot, Russell!