Has this Platform been abandoned by its Administration?

(Brokenland Photography) #22

Your post was flagged by the community. Content has been hidden

(Berckmans Peter) #23

Had an account on 500px but stopped that because there was almost no interaction. So I do not mind for paying for something good. Sadly I know nothing from creating a site. Being at the birth of something new is tempting. I will try to spread the word.

(Brokenland Photography) #24

(In Reach Of The Skies) #25

It’s good that there are enthusiastic people keen to promote improvements and it’s certainly a pain that we do not appear to have active admin on here. I have tried contacting them about some iffy content but, like everyone else, did not receive a response. Never the less I would like to express an alternative viewpoint. Despite the posting dates on my content I have only been here around 18 months. I used to have my own website through one.com. It had a blog section and galleries to save themed content and did what I wanted but I got hacked off with their upgrades that sometimes made messed up layout needing a lot of re-editing or made loading images less straight forward and then slowed down image loading for viewers as I wasn’t paying as much as the big boys. I was reluctant to change but found pb by chance. It did primarily everything that my old site did, didn’t attract spam, was easy to negotiate, I could re-post old material in date order and it was way cheaper. Probably not perfect but I’m relatively happy.
Some years ago I was a member of a free American air show site. It had thousands of members but the owners decided to upgrade. What they brought in was a raft of improvements and in many ways they no doubt were real improvements with extra functions and allsorts and still free. There were of course teething problems, some of which should have been sorted before the upgraded site went live but, ultimately, the site lost so much traffic because it wasn’t the same as the old site and people were generally unhappy with change. They wanted what they already had and in the end the site closed. The Flypast forum here in the UK has had the same problems.
So, the point I’m making is that I would anticipate that an awful lot of pb members would likely stay put even if a new site was technically better because, fundamentally, it does what they need/want already and they will have a lot of content that they will worry about losing in any migration. Just my view anyway.

(Brokenland Photography) #26

(Thomas Thompson) #27

Sad too Say if Photoblog Poofs some day in the near future I probably will poof along with them or do the daily challenges on Friends of Photoblog or Post Photos on my Facebook Account, because the amount of cash that you put to photoblog that I guess does no good as to what I have been reading I can afford but any more than that it would be a NO Sorry Tom

(Brokenland Photography) #28

(Berckmans Peter) #29

Hey, some are wandering where you come from in one time. Your account is new and there are no postings on it. So who is Brokenland ,photography.
Becoming a co owner of a new site, depends on the costs for me. And a clear view how it will run
Payments, incomes, the way we want it to go. I can not spend a lot on it. Or we can wait to take over pb. Greetings

(Brokenland Photography) #30

(Brokenland Photography) #31

(Camellia Staab) #32

Ben has not been around for ages. This is just a programmed part of the site. Another not tweaked set up :slight_smile:

(Brokenland Photography) #33

(In Reach Of The Skies) #34

You said Ram had logged in. He’s just dealt with your request from years ago :grin:

(Brokenland Photography) #35

(In Reach Of The Skies) #36

Has anyone said that?

(Berckmans Peter) #37

Yesterday I was graded up to regular just under leader.

(Brokenland Photography) #38

(Berckmans Peter) #39

Hope you get an answer. One thing that wondered us all, is how many members pb has. We only see a handfull active.

(Brokenland Photography) #40

(Berckmans Peter) #41

But never a half million