Help with taking photos

(Deli Tlb) #1

So the other night i wanted to try and capture the moon coz it looked really nice and I used my zoom lense 75-300mm and even though in the viewfinder it seemed really close and clear the pictures all came out as just a glowing ball and looked awful. and after trying to adjust the lense a few times everthing was blurry no matter how much i tried ( even in the viewfinder). Can anyone please help or has an idea as to what could be the problem?

(Berckmans Peter) #2

Something I did not do yet. But what I know about it is this. Work from tripod with remote release. Iso has to be low 100 or 200. Aperture from f10 to f16, a shutterspeed from 125 or 250.you always can higher the iso if it is to dark I think you can work around these settings. Be sure there is not another object on the foreground else the camera will try to get exposure on that. Good luck

(Longchamp Henri) #3

These advices are good, I’ll just add : think to mesure the exposition in spot mode on the moon itself it’s much more luminous than you could believe.
Remember that the moon is moving so don’t trespass the limit of 1/30 s

(Deli Tlb) #4

@henri05 @peterphotowalks Thanks a lot for the great advises, I appreciate them. I will definitely keep these in mind the next time I want to click pics and will let you know how it went :smile:

(Russell Smith) #5

Remember even though the moon does not look bright it is basically reflecting sunlight so if it is the only/main object in the frame it is a lot brighter than we would think.