Thanks for participating in this discussion.
Yes, draft posts will be visible on your blog once you publish it.
As per backdating posts, we have not found a solution yet that address the SPAM issue. So for now, the only solution is to use a number system like 31/365 in your posts (title or body). You can also mention the "Date taken" inside the post.
Thanks for the detailed feedback!
- Yes, the non-registered users need an account to start following you. I think this is pretty standard on all social sites now (FB, IG, twitter..etc). However, you are right, we should make the instructions more clear to show that this is a requirement. I will see how we can change the title of the login/sign-up box to address this.
- This seems to be happening because we have a free-wall grid. So the posts are positioned based on the cover photo's height as well. I think the only way to fix this is to have an option to show posts one by one. Like in Instagram feed. What do you think about that?
- Do you mean the snippet from the post text? We grab 160 characters from your blog post to generate the text snippet. You are right, we need to tell users about this! I will create a faq item for this now.
- Noted. I will ask the developers who are in charge of editor about this. Copy and Paste seem to have few bugs right now.
Thanks again for all the feedback and suggestions, Hayley.
Thanks for all these suggestions. I will get on some of these right away.
1. Good suggestion. "More posts from the user" section can be confusing because it has 6 posts. As you mentioned, an additional previous/next navigation can be useful. I will discuss this with the designer.
2. Great suggestion! We will implement this.
3. I agree about subcategories. I will add this to our backlog but we will need some time before we complete this.
4. We recently included a "Cancel" button in the upload progress bar. I hope that serve the same purpose.
5. Yes, it seems the current redo button is not always working. I will get this bug fixed soon. We are looking to move away from this editor in the future for a less buggy editor. So this could be part of that effort.
6. Yes, true. Seems to be happening because of the free-wall grid that we are using. It re-arrange posts to fit the grid style depending on the cover photo's height. The only way to fix this seems to be displaying post snippets one by one. What do you think of this?
Thanks again for all the feedback and suggestions, John. I am especially looking forward to implementing your #2 suggestion.