Photoblog down AGAIN

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #1

Today I couldn’t reach photoblog anymore - again!
The problems don’t end at all.
Ram @canon6d or any other admin don’t seem to be interested to inform the users or answer lately any of the asked questions (like “get rid of Facebook connection”). Right now I’m really pissed off.
Dear Helen @girafferacing, I’m a liitle bit ashamed to bothering you about this topic, but you are the only one, who cares about this malfunctions at all - although it is not your duty.

Does anybody knows anything at all? Will there be a change for the better?

Sigrid

(Camellia) #2

I can’t get on either. It is really really sad that no one from the @admin notifies, contacts, posts anything about why there are so many reoccurring issues. If the Ram is not interested in the upkeep of this place he should at least convey that information. Maybe there is someone else who would like to take over.

(Lisa Britton) #3

Same here - I agree cant get on either. If they don’t want the site maybe someone else does! I LOVE this site and don’t know what to do because I am sooooo frustrated. HELP!
They have loyal users and don’t even care, so angry with them.
I want my PB back, like it used to be.

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #4

It was just back online - for a second - and off again. Something is definitivly going on.

(Berckmans Peter) #5

Same here,yesterday fine and today gone. serious questions about pb.

(Helen Hooker) #6

Hi all,

I’m afraid I can’t get into Photoblog either and, as before I don’t have the necessary technical know how to understand what has caused the problem or put it right. I can only echo what everyone else has said and ask @admin if you can please fix this ASAP or at least let us have an idea of when it might be fixed.

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #7

I know, I didn’t want to burden you with this issue. It’s more or less a reflex to cry “HELEN”, because you seem to be the last remaining pillar of PB. :wink:

(Jay Boggess) #8

I was able to post a test post earlier today, by accessing PB using Firefox Browser. PB said my post was published, which I was able to view, however upon my next try to check on PB to see if my post was actually there & active, I was not allowed to get on…This Forum is, currently, the only accessible part of PB to which I am able to connect/post…

I smell sabotage, perhaps a former disgruntled member, who has inside knowledge of the workings of this platform…

(Berckmans Peter) #9

I was thinking to become a pro,a paying member. But gonna wait with that one.

(Frozen Memory) #10

mine is also not working plz suggest

(Berckmans Peter) #11

It is just waiting,like all of us. We are kept in the dark

(Sherry Hill) #12

waiting with the rest of you, for things to start working again, guess i go back to my book for awhile… check back later…

(Camellia) #13

I wrote an email to these people https://steelkiwi.com/projects/improving-website-performance-for-a-photo-blogging/ in hopes that in a round about way we/they could get a hold of the powers to be. It’s a shot in the dark.

(Lisa Britton) #14

Thanks Camellia, Let’s hope something works. Was hoping by this morning we would have a fix - wishful thinking I guess. I am hanging in there waiting to see what happens.

(Berckmans Peter) #15

I hope you get some reaction from sonebody. Meanwhile I have joined 500px and try to build an audience there. Sadly the blogpart is not there . Hope pb will work soon again

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #16

I thought about that too, but now I will wait until I will knwo, what is going on.

(Camellia) #17

@peterphotowalks the problem I have with 500px and flckr is that neither has the ability to allow narratives, like photoblog does. @andisaw used wix and created a site for herself which has some better alternatives than 500px and flckr. I am just in awe and can’t believe that photoblog is the only place of its kind in the whole internet. :frowning:

(Berckmans Peter) #18

Have been looking around for a kind like pb, not found one yet. Just hope they can fix this bug.

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #19

meanwhile, I’m transforming my website - but it isn’t the same, because I miss the constant “stream” of the other pictures, ideas, travels, techniques …

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #20

At the momenet it’s becoming an on/off-relationship …