Photoblog down AGAIN

(Camellia Staab) #49

@marshlife I checked the site and it is still free for those who want to- Browse/engage with photo stories and follow publishers but otherwise it seems that if you want anything else beyond that, the site is $19.95 a year. I didn’t realize that the policy had changed. I can definitely see your frustration. But please keep in mind that the site has come back to life (although we never heard from Ram) and there are a ton of great people posting here on a regular basis, so hopefully you will continue to stay. Looking forward to reading more of your posts. :slight_smile:

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #50

Schouldn’t we be informed by e-mail about any changes terms, regulations …?

Btw, did the list of members (alphabetical order) exist before?
https://www.photoblog.com/users/directory/a/

Actually I’m not “PRO” - I was thinking about becoming a paying member, but the instability and the fact, that asked questions won’t be answered didn’t encourage me to take the next step.

(Berckmans Peter) #51

Same here,I know privacy policies are changing all around. But for other changes a word please

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #52

I can’t find the information about fees and different kinds of membership anymore …

(Camellia Staab) #53

@strohschneider-laue I had to go (pretend) through the process of joining in order to see. Here’s the captured photo

(Camellia Staab) #54

@strohschneider-laue How did you find that list? Looks like that list dates back to 2006 before Ram took over ( 2015) I am not able to find myself nor you on that list.

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #55

after the last discussion about changes (fees, membership) I searched systematically. I can’t remember, but I was surprised not to find information about fees. Thanks for the screen shot. So, one day soon, I won’t be able to post pictures anymore, because I don’t have a pro account. I hope, I will get an email BEFORE my site will be shut down.
It seems that something at the the start/home/index/information sites has been changed. Maybe the list is old, you are right about that, but it’s strange, that the list still online.

(Heike) #56

Hi Sigrid/Peter : There was an information in the forum from Ram on the 02nd of july17 concerning the Trial/Pro accounts.
See here: Please Read: Important Upcoming PhotoBlog Updates
(Chapter : Experimenting with PhotoBlog(Pro) trial accounts)
For me that is sufficient, because I hate to read 200pages of terms & conditions. :slight_smile:
In my opinion, that does not sound like your accounts will be deleted or the changed into ‘None-pro’.

(Berckmans Peter) #57

As far as I can see the free option is stil there and will not be changed. We will see

(Lisa Britton) #58

I don’t think anything will be changed, Ram doesn’t seem to be doing anything with the site at all, including answering questions or giving updates.

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #59

ok, ds sieht mal nicht sooo schlecht aus. Ich habe nichts dagegen meinen Anteil zu zahlen, wenn ich etwas benutze - aber dafür muss es auch benutzbar sein. :wink:

(Camellia Staab) #60

@strohschneider-laue Sigrid I believe you are grandfathered in so I don’t think it will affect you ( I hope) “This experiment will not affect free us ho have signed up already.”

(Camellia Staab) #61

@heike I am reading it the same way you are…all already in are not affected.

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #62

Is it just my computer or is Photoblog down again?

(Andi Saw) #63

It comes and goes. I was able to post something, but I need to resart the page 10 times to see something.
Too hot to fight, dear Sigrid. I’ll be back later! :heart:

(Helen Hooker) #64

I can’t get it to load either - so frustrating!

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #65

Maybe it’s because of instaliing a “challenge button” … Yes, I know, it won’t be the reason, hope dies at last.
SIGH

(Berckmans Peter) #66

Seems pb is down or extreme slow. Somebody else having problems?

(Camellia Staab) #67

Yes looks like the host is not responding and it times out.

(Camellia Staab) #68

Saw this message while posting the above… This page (https://www.photoblog.com/forum/) is currently offline. However, because the site uses Cloudflare’s Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site. We will keep checking in the background and, as soon as the site comes back, you will automatically be served the live version. Always Online™ is powered by Cloudflare | [Hide this Alert](javascript:void(null):wink: