Photoblog down AGAIN

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #21

Right now, I could get in and uploaded (it was very slow) a picture. Maybe someone tries to reanimate Photoblog …

(Vivienne Albiston) #22

Think maybe its fixed,,This is first time Ive even been able to look at photoblog since yesterday am…

(Camellia) #23

That’s my point @strohschneider-laue I spent the afternooon searching the internet ( instead of working) for a similar place but nothing comes close. Sadly I still can’t log on and I have not heard from that company that helped Ram revamp this place.

(Lisa Britton) #24

This is so sad, I really love this site and can’t really think about giving it up just yet. If anyone finds something equal I am willing to follow the group, that is part what makes this a great place, the people. I will keep hoping for the best. Talk soon.

(David Allen) #25

Seems to be working but erratically at the moment. I will hang on to see if it becomes stable again but it is frustrating. I enjoy being able to write a little as well as post photos and similarly enjoy the writings of others. So Flickr and similar are not replacements.

(Antonio Gil) #26

Did the same but couldn’t find any that worked for me so well as PB. No one seems to understand what is happening here, not even Ram. I’m getting more and more frustrated

(Berckmans Peter) #27

Some people seem able to post, but I can only open the community. Just have to wait, but there is an end on my patience.

(Camellia) #28

Have not been able to post all week. And if any of my posts show up, they are on a “timer” I am soooooooooooooooo frustrated and soooooooooooooo disappointed and … it also makes me wonder if others have been on Photo blog since 2007 how have they been able to continue. I know Ram acquired and updated the serve just last year but how was it before that?

(Berckmans Peter) #29

Just over a year on pb, and had my part of problems. The update,the server problem and some minor problems. Normally a problem can not last a week. We work with big servers and a problem is most of the times fixed in a workingday. This is not normal also the silence is very questionable

(Lisa Britton) #30

I am sooooooooo frustrated with all of this. Haven’t been able to post all week also. I can’t bear to leave - no where to go - but this is becoming pointless. I will continue to check in here and hope for the best.

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #31

I created an an “off topic” about
Where are you in World Wide Web.
Maybe we can collect our - spread in different topics - addresses there. It would be easier to find all of them “at one place”.

(Sherry Hill) #32

it’s been lonely in my inbox… i haven’t got but 3 photoblog posts… and i can’t even go to their pages… hopefully this gets back online soon… it took some effort to just get to the community…

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #33

I checked it 500px, because I liked @peterphotowalks site. 500px is a big player and serious competitor. Maybe Ram gave PB up, sold it.

I see a lot of similarities to PB. But there are at least two exceptions: regular payment for every form of membership and harsh usage terms (alterations, renaming, using for promotion …), which I don’t like, because they are in some way “violating” privacy and copyright. Because they don’t have to ask for anything - Ram did ask first and waited until the customer responded. They can just use the pictures, e.g. for their own 500px promotions. I don’t like such generalized conditions, I want to be asked every time.

(Berckmans Peter) #34

True ,they do the same as google and other big players

(Camellia) #35

Today photoblog has been playing very nicely with me. Very few tantrums and very few slamming of doors. I wonder…could someone be actually working on this problem?

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #36

Since 40 minutes …
HOPE
… for the next minutes …

(Camellia) #37

Not loading very fast but at least it’s loading. Fingers are crossed.

(Lisa Britton) #38

I still have not been able to access anything but here, so tired and frustrated.

(Berckmans Peter) #39

Nothing yet,sometimes can get in one time for one page. Patience is getting very thin

(Berckmans Peter) #40

Pb came on in the last half hour and seems to be working. Hope it keeps up