Photoblog down AGAIN

(Camellia) #41

So far so good…maybe there’s still hope that we have not lost our addiction. :wink:

(Berckmans Peter) #42

Really hope so. The blogpart and the interaction between photographers is something I not find somewhere else. Not yet.

(Sydney Solomon) #43

Hi guys…what is strange reading all the post…that there is not any remarks from the admin,
As basically a retired stay at home person, I really enjoy this site, it is a major source for my paintings. I have a suggestion, why dont we create our own group on Facebook, that would give us basically the same flexibility
We certainly have enough people to make an interesting group initially, and then we can promote it to try and reclaim some of the many others PB users.

What do you all think.

(Berckmans Peter) #44

FB not my favourite place,but look where it takes us

(Berckmans Peter) #45

Down again,happy to soon​:sob::sob:

(Lisa Britton) #46

Seems to be up and running I am going to update as any posts as I can and hope we stay up and active - Sooooo happy - great way to start the week let’s hope it stays this way.
Not a fan of Facebook but will follow the group.

(Shane Coleman) #47

This is really disheartening. I’m new to the site and we now have to pay to actually use it. However, I had no problem paying the fee for the quality of the site and the fact there were no ads. At this point, I wish I could get a refund. I didn’t know that the site wouldn’t work half the time. I’m like everyone else, trying to hold on to some hope that things will change but the fact that no admin has said anything is disconcerting. I don’t know if I can hold out much longer before I’ll have to make a move myself.

It almost feels like the “powers that be” are not interested and just letting the site die out naturally. This is worrisome. Meanwhile… I’m waiting to hear something.

(Heike) #48

My two cents:
I’m also not happy, that PB was so unstable in the last month, but above all, I’m really upset about the unprofessional handling of this site-outages.
It takes just a minute to inform the members of the community in the forum, that the site will be down for a couple of hours/days and that the responsible person(s) is/are aware of the problem and taking care of the problem.
I wasn’t aware of the fact, that meanwhile only pay-accounts are offered. In my opinion, that is a step in the right direction.
Developing, hosting, and maintenance of such websides is not free of charge and it’s more than fair to pay for the regular usage of this platform. But in that case, it’s even more incomprehensible, that Ram doesn’t give a damn about what is going on here in the forum, when the site isn’t reachable. That is really poor customer service, and as soon as I find an acceptable alternative for me in the web, I’m sure I will move too.

(Camellia) #49

@marshlife I checked the site and it is still free for those who want to- Browse/engage with photo stories and follow publishers but otherwise it seems that if you want anything else beyond that, the site is $19.95 a year. I didn’t realize that the policy had changed. I can definitely see your frustration. But please keep in mind that the site has come back to life (although we never heard from Ram) and there are a ton of great people posting here on a regular basis, so hopefully you will continue to stay. Looking forward to reading more of your posts. :slight_smile:

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #50

Schouldn’t we be informed by e-mail about any changes terms, regulations …?

Btw, did the list of members (alphabetical order) exist before?
https://www.photoblog.com/users/directory/a/

Actually I’m not “PRO” - I was thinking about becoming a paying member, but the instability and the fact, that asked questions won’t be answered didn’t encourage me to take the next step.

(Berckmans Peter) #51

Same here,I know privacy policies are changing all around. But for other changes a word please

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #52

I can’t find the information about fees and different kinds of membership anymore …

(Camellia) #53

@strohschneider-laue I had to go (pretend) through the process of joining in order to see. Here’s the captured photo

(Camellia) #54

@strohschneider-laue How did you find that list? Looks like that list dates back to 2006 before Ram took over ( 2015) I am not able to find myself nor you on that list.

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #55

after the last discussion about changes (fees, membership) I searched systematically. I can’t remember, but I was surprised not to find information about fees. Thanks for the screen shot. So, one day soon, I won’t be able to post pictures anymore, because I don’t have a pro account. I hope, I will get an email BEFORE my site will be shut down.
It seems that something at the the start/home/index/information sites has been changed. Maybe the list is old, you are right about that, but it’s strange, that the list still online.

(Heike) #56

Hi Sigrid/Peter : There was an information in the forum from Ram on the 02nd of july17 concerning the Trial/Pro accounts.
See here: Please Read: Important Upcoming PhotoBlog Updates
(Chapter : Experimenting with PhotoBlog(Pro) trial accounts)
For me that is sufficient, because I hate to read 200pages of terms & conditions. :slight_smile:
In my opinion, that does not sound like your accounts will be deleted or the changed into ‘None-pro’.

(Berckmans Peter) #57

As far as I can see the free option is stil there and will not be changed. We will see

(Lisa Britton) #58

I don’t think anything will be changed, Ram doesn’t seem to be doing anything with the site at all, including answering questions or giving updates.

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #59

ok, ds sieht mal nicht sooo schlecht aus. Ich habe nichts dagegen meinen Anteil zu zahlen, wenn ich etwas benutze - aber dafür muss es auch benutzbar sein. :wink:

(Camellia) #60

@strohschneider-laue Sigrid I believe you are grandfathered in so I don’t think it will affect you ( I hope) “This experiment will not affect free us ho have signed up already.”