Welcome to a new week everyone - I hope you all had a great weekend! Let’s jump straight in and set the new theme for this week…
This week’s theme is ‘The skies above us’
Many thanks to @strohschneider-laue for this theme. Sigrid’s suggestion was sky and clouds, which should give plenty of opportunities for creativity. Here are some ideas of ways you could illustrate the idea, although, as ever, you are free to interpret it however you wish.
For me, the most obvious way to illustrate this is a landscape image which features a ‘big sky’. The sort of cloud formations that stop you in your tracks and make you gasp, “Wow!”. How about this picture, by Eberhard Grossgasteiger, which features some suitably dramatic skies above a mountainous landscape.
If you feel the landscape gets in the way of things, you could always focus just on the skies as Kaushik Panchal has here. I imagine this was probably captured from an aircraft but there’s nothing to stop you seeking out some dramatic skies from ground level too!
You might wish to create something unique to illustrate this idea, as Samuel Zeller has here. I love the sense of this young boy reaching for the skies, a never ending distance away.
So there are a few ideas to get you started - now go and have some fun!
How to participate:
- Please submit your photo by midnight GMT on Sunday 19th August
- To submit a photo, hit the Reply button below and upload your image(s). Please limit each post to one image.
- Please try to also share your picture on your page over the main Photoblog platform and encourage others to visit the theme thread to participate and vote.
- To vote, click the heart icon.
- If you post your picture early in the week don’t forget to pop back to see what others have shared and to cast your votes!
Winners of the last theme
The ‘your favourite view’ theme from last week brought out some gorgeous scenes and made me want to go travelling to visit you all! We have two winners and they are:
Our other winner was yours truly, with one of my favourite spots on the planet - Cynghordy in Wales. I will be visiting here twice this autumn so fingers crossed for some stunning weather to complement the view!