Photoblog theme 6th August 2018 - Your favourite view

(Helen Hooker) #1

Hello everyone. For this week’s theme I’m going to start working through the list of themes suggested by some of you in response to my request on the forum. Our new theme was suggested by @unicornlover. Thank you to everyone who made suggestions - it’s still not too late to add more if you have great ideas!

So, without further ado, let’s get started….

This week’s theme is ‘your favourite view’

Lisa’s theme gives you a chance to share some of your favourite places on the planet with us all. It might be that your favourite view is that of your garden, or perhaps you once had a particularly heavenly holiday. Here are some ideas for you…

The term ‘favourite view’ immediately suggests somewhere scenic to me, with a beautiful rolling landscape. However, that may depend on the area you natural inhabit. It could be if you’re a city dweller that there’s nothing you like better than the view over the city you live in. For instance, this beautiful photo of Prague by AC Amelor is simply stunning - the warm shades of early morning really do justice to this historic city.

Of perhaps you have a spot that you like to photograph through the seasons. I used to reguarly shoot this lone tree on the South Downs through the year. It has a beautiful shape, whch is enhanced by the changing seasons. THis is just one of many phtoos I’ve taken of it over the years.

If you want to think outside the box a little, you could even interpret the theme in a more abstract way. Perhaps your favourite view, on waking up early in the morning, is your first cup of coffee of the day, served at your local cafe?

Photo by Karl Chor.

So there are a few suggestions, but there are many other ways you could illustrate this theme. Please feel free to take us on a journey to your favourite spot(s) in the world, be they close to home or many miles away!

How to participate:

1. Please submit your photo by midnight GMT on Sunday 5th August
  2. To submit a photo, hit the Reply button below and upload your image(s). Please limit each post to one image.
  3. Please try to also share your picture on your page over the main Photoblog platform and encourage others to visit the theme thread to participate and vote.
  4. To vote, click the :heart: heart icon.
  5. If you post your picture early in the week don’t forget to pop back to see what others have shared and to cast your votes!

Winner of the last theme

Leaving the ‘holiday season’ theme for an extra week did the trick and we had a good number of entries this time. Our winner was @strohschneider-laue with this delightful landscape scene from Austria. Congratulations!

(Lisa Britton) #2

Sunset - I love to sit and watch (and photograph) the sunset. My favorite time of the day.

(Gianluigi Gg) #3

in the morning at dawn going to work

(Kenny H) #4

I love street photography, and this is one of the four arches of city hall I pass through every day.

(Berckmans Peter) #5

An icecold beer on a hot summerday is a view to die for.

(Bethany Plonski) #6

This is my “window” by the lake where we walk our dogs. I like how the light comes through the trees in the morning, and there is always something interesting to see - herons, turtles, dragonflies, fish, wild berries, you name it. It’s a good view. :slight_smile:

(Helen Hooker) #7

I haven’t been able to escape from work this week so I’ve dug into my archive for this view. This is the Cynghordy Viaduct in Wales - a glorious spot to watch the changing weather and seasons.

(Kenny H) #8

This was one of my all time faves of yours Helen!

(Helen Hooker) #9

Thanks Ken - it’s one of my faves too!