Porcelain Challenge

(Craig Casterline) #1

Post your entry to the Porcelain Challenge here by 2/15/21. You may only submit one photo, and it must meet the basic criteria of having a white background and only using blue for the subject as in the poor example below. I will collect your photos and then create a blog post with them that members can use for voting purposes. Let’s have some fun with this.

(Camellia Staab) #2

Well done Craig. The blue pops.

(Camellia Staab) #3

My two cents

Frozen window.

(Berckmans Peter) #4

Nice to have a challenge again. Try to contact Helen Hooker she ran the challenges before and has asked that somebody would take them over.

(Berckmans Peter) #5

Nice to se you make the effort. You posted this under postproccesing, as you maybe have seen there is a weekly challenge tab. Check it out, maybe some usefull info in the last two entries;

(Craig Casterline) #6

Thank you. I had seen that forum, but I didn’t want to step on anyone’s toes, so I put it here since it is a post processing topic. We’ll see how it goes and maybe revive the challenge. I just would like to get it more on the blog side since the forum is clunky.

(Berckmans Peter) #7

In the past also people not seemed to find the way to the forum sectio

(Nancy Andrea D) #8

Hope this fits!

(Craig Casterline) #9

Nice one. Yes, it definitely fits.

(Nancy Andrea D) #10

Great! Thanks, Craig.

(Chuck Staruch) #11

The forum is kinda confusing for me. I hope I will know how to post a picture on it,

(Berckmans Peter) #12

Just tab on reply from the original post, than you can ad text and photo .

(John Durham) #13

OK, Y’all too good for me - when I grow up I want to be like all of you. This is my sucky little attempt using a preset from SPE and a little help from Snapseed. I am just now, at the age of 66 beginning to use software for real post processing. Have mercy!

(Craig Casterline) #14

Okay, I’m about ready to assemble the photos. Please let me know if you still want to submit one.

(Craig Casterline) #15

The blog is up. Please visit it and vote.

(Craig Casterline) #16

Looks like the challenge will end in a draw between Gethin and Berckmans. The blog got plenty of visits, but participation was low. What did you guys think?

(Camellia Staab) #17

I thought it was great and just wished more people would participate. When Helen was doing the challenges, we had the same response (few participating) the thought was because the challenges were done in the forum, not many perused the forum, hence it was not visible enough. I guess my wondering is…how many people really see all the blogs…is it like Fb where if you are not following the person and because of some algorithm you only see certain blogs and not others? To this day I come across blogs I have not see before (and they are not new to this site), only because I actually spend time looking.

(Berckmans Peter) #18

It was good fun and I missed a challenge on the blog. Participation is an old soar. Sometimes I think how many members are really active on the site.

(Berckmans Peter) #19

We always see the same members active ,makes me wonder how many members the blog really has.

(Nancy Andrea D) #20

We only see the posts on those whom we follow. As for discovering other posts, I would go to the ‘New’ postings to discover others. It is also true few participates in the Challenge at the forum page - if ever one wanders to the Forum page. Maybe is a lack of incentive… I know we are not kids but there was a photograph group that I had joined a long time ago, and the winner gets to have his/her photo as the main cover till the next challenge. There was quite a significant participation. I think the most important thing is to have fun and getting to know others.