Selling Sporting events photography

(Dannii L) #1

Hi there, after some advice, and I apologise if there i already a topic.

I’m just at a research stage at the moment, but I have been asked if I wanted to practice my sports photography at a local event. Whilst the answer is definitely yes, if I am good typically people sell these photos (i’m not expecting that straight away) but does anyone have any websites they recommend using for this.

Ideally something with a selling template, eg I upload a gallery, everything is watermarked until someone buys the digital print and it all links to paypal or a bank account and sends an email invoice etc.

If it makes any difference, I am in the UK (not sure if that makes a difference with buying/renting a website).

Thank you in advance
Dannii

(Berckmans Peter) #2

I know one sportsphotographer here for gymnastics.He works with the gymfed federation and his photos come on there site and than he has a link to his site where you can buy them. I would let some teams put your photos on there site and people can buy them. I did it one time for a sportsclub during their gala. Parents still wants photos from there kids. Try selling towards local newspapers also. But you need your own site.

(Dannii L) #3

Thanks, I probably didn’t make my thoughts clear though. If I want my own website, are there ones with templates for selling photos? I have no clue how to build a website from scratch

(Berckmans Peter) #4

Can not help you with that.

(Heike) #5

SmugMug is a site with templates for creating your own webssite, which can be used also for selling. Depends on the price-model you choose.