Weekly theme 10th December 2018 - Freedom

(Helen Hooker) #1

Hello everyone! I trust you’re all having a good start to the week.

We’ve got a more conceptual type of theme this week, which should you give you scope to get really creative. Let’s jump straight in and take a look.

This week’s theme is Freedom

There are any number of ways you could choose to illustrate this week’s theme but here are a few ideas which sprang into my mind.

In this colourful and joyful image Mohamed Nohassi has captured a definite sense of freedom in the way the young woman is leaping in the air.

The phrase ‘free as a bird’ also came to mind when I thought of this concept. To me this suggests a wild bird, who is free of humans and this picture seemed to conjure up the concept very well.

Of course, you could go for freedom of expression. Some years ago I happened upon a demonstration outside St. Paul’s Cathedral in London. It was perfectly peaceful and the police officers nearby were simply watching the proceedings, allowing the protesters the freedom to express their views.

I’m sure there are many other ways you could illustrate this week’s theme so it’;s over to you now. Go out and see what you can create - I’m looking forward to seeing the results!

How to participate:

• Please submit your photo by midnight GMT on Sunday 16th December
  • To submit a photo, hit the Reply button below and upload your image(s). Please limit each post to one image.
  • Please try to also share your picture on your page over the main Photoblog platform and encourage others to visit the theme thread to participate and vote.
  • To vote, click the :heart: heart icon.
  • If you post your picture early in the week don’t forget to pop back to see what others have shared and to cast your votes!

Winners of the last theme

Last week’s fruit theme brought in some mouthwatering entries and I’m delighted to announce that our winner was @russsmith with some colourful chilli peppers. Congratulations Russell!

(Russell Smith) #2

Thank you everyone :slight_smile: . Freedom is a topic I know I will have to think about and look forward to seeing everyones images of .

(Camellia) #3

(Berckmans Peter) #4

Maybe a bit of a dark taken on freedom. These people died so we could enjoy our freedom.

(Kenny H) #5

Being in, and seeing protests first hand, allows me to bring you this. Freedom is always worth the fight.

(Gianluigi Gg) #6

Run … boy run

(Ram Ya) #7

You could feel the freedom in his carefree smile. Playing with his friends. Mirissa beach, Sri Lanka.

(Bethany Plonski) #8

Freedom is a relative concept :smile:

(Lakshmi Bhat) #9

When I look at birds the word freedom always comes to mind and it really hurts to see them confined in small cages.