Weekly theme 10th September 2018 - Shapes

(Helen Hooker) #1

Hello everyone! Well, last week’s repetition theme brought the entries flooding in - it’s great to see more people taking part. I’ll announce our winners at the end of this post, but in the meantime let’s set a new theme for the coming week.

I must also apologise for being so late posting the theme - the glitch in the forum meant I couldn’t post a new topic, even after everyone else could get back in! Given that we’re now four days into the working week I suggest we let this theme run a bit longer to give you all time to find your entries. Full info in the ‘how to participate’ section below.

This week’s theme is Shapes

This new theme gives you a decision to make. Thank you to @Unicornlover for suggesting the idea. The challenge is for you to pick a shape and then find a photo which utilises it. Here are a few examples I’ve found to show what I’m suggesting.

You can use anything to make the shapes. For instance, Taylor Kiser made a picture of squares here, using some very yummy looking white chocolate brownies!

In contrast, David Hertle has found some beautiful circles in the Texas Capitol building.

And to show that I’m willing to do this myself, here’s a shot I took on a walk where I set myself the task of photographing triangles. In the end I found them at the railway crossing in our village - it just goes to show you can find a photo anywhere!

So there are some ideas to get you thinking - now it’s your turn to go out and find a shape to photograph!

How to participate:

• Please submit your photo by midnight GMT on Sunday 23rd September
  • To submit a photo, hit the Reply button below and upload your image(s). Please limit each post to one image.
  • Please try to also share your picture on your page over the main Photoblog platform and encourage others to visit the theme thread to participate and vote.
  • To vote, click the :heart: heart icon.
  • If you post your picture early in the week don’t forget to pop back to see what others have shared and to cast your votes!

Winners of the last theme

We have two winners this week - congratulations to both Ken and Ram!

@popparatzee

@canon6d

(Ram Ya) #2

Thanks @girafferacing. Looking forward to this theme!

(Kenny H) #3

Thanks again everybody!

(Kenny H) #4

A local art collective asked each of its members to build a box out of specific dimensions given to them, and bring it to the grounds of City Hall. Members came from all over. With pre arranged numbers on each box, ladders and scaffolding- this is the final structure

(Berckmans Peter) #5

Went for the square style of these beach huts

(Ram Ya) #6

Lots of triangles and lines. York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

(Camellia) #7

(Lisa Britton) #8

We are going start off with simple and easy. Hope to get a “real” shape posted. For now, my anniversary cake given to us on our cruise this last week.

(Gianluigi Gg) #9

(Deli Tlb) #10

For this week’s theme I decided to go with the Rectangle shape. The paintings in the pic are done by my mom ( except from the framed one) . She paints as a hobby and she is absolutely brilliant at it. Hope you guys like it :slight_smile:

(Eric Devost) #11

I think this is one the great shapes in nature.

(Russell Smith) #12

(Neckole Sterling) #13

Out on the streets this morning; caught these CONEs

(Bethany Plonski) #14

(Ram Ya) #15

Submitting another entry if I may

Light and shadows. Sforza Castle, Milan.

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #16

shape of water

(Helen Hooker) #17

As usual, I’m late sharing my picture, but here are some circles I found in the harbour at Lyme Regis a couple of days ago.