Weekly Theme 15th January 2018 - Shape and form

(Helen Hooker) #1

Hello everyone, and happy Monday!

This week’s theme is Shape and form

I thought we’d get back to basics this week, with a relatively straightforward concept. You can interpret the idea of shape and form in any way you like but here are a few ideas to whet your appetite.

How about this beautiful iceberg, by Eric Welch for starters? The minimalist approach he’s taken makes us consider the beautiful shapes created by nature and the way they reflect in a mill pond still sea.

Of course, if the weather outside is dreadful (as it is here right now!) you could look around the house for a subject. This picture of wine glasses is a good example - the simple repetition draws us into the shapes created by the lines of glasses.

Finally, here’s a photo I shot at Hampton Court Palace recently. This grand staircase was a beauty in its own right but the combination of lines, curves and shadows really caught my eye.

So, there you have a few ideas to get you started. I’m looking forward to seeing what we all come up with!

How to participate:

• Please submit your photo by midnight GMT on Sunday 21st January.
  • To submit a photo, hit the Reply button below and upload your image(s). Please limit each post to one image.
  • Please try to also share your picture on your page over the main Photoblog platform and encourage others to visit the theme thread to participate and vote.
  • To vote, click the :heart: heart icon.
  • If you post your picture early in the week don’t forget to pop back to see what others have shared and to cast your votes!

Winners of the last theme

Last week’s post processing theme really got everyone exploring the possibiltues of what they can do with their photos. We have two winners this week, with equal numbers of votes. They are:

@heidiegerman who accentuated the wonderful textures in these sage leaves by using Silver Efex Pro.

And @russsmith whose avian friend (is it a vulture?) looks resplendent when split toned.

Congratulations to Heidi and Russell!

(Russell Smith) #2

I love the textures in the flowers Heidi.

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #3

I’m obsessed with technical structures …

(Berckmans Peter) #4

So many shapes and forms in nature. Who does not know this ones.

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #5

LOVE it - Victoria regia - I would like to click twice!

(Camellia Staab) #6

(Diksha Passi) #7

I find reflections more playful and versatile,

(Andi Saw) #8

moon

(Frozen Memory) #9

(Daanish Farhan) #10

(Berckmans Peter) #11

Good choice,like the angle you took on this one

(Jean Steffan) #12

Sculpted shapes

(Camellia Staab) #13

This is a very very nice reflection

(Diksha Passi) #14

Thank you @camellia . I have to admit, the amount of appreciation you get in this community, in this family is what takes to keep learning, and applying and contributing and I feel personally no amount of yells and claps worth more than what this community giving to me. Thanks a lot.

(Joanna Gawkowska) #15

Joanna Gawkowska - DoveStone Greenfield

(Helen Hooker) #16

When the sun comes out at this time of year it’s so beautiful - you can’t beat low winter sun for creating wondeful sculptural effects, highlighting shape and form.

(Abigail Gossage) #17

Pots awaiting firing in Maramures, Romania

(Steve Cochrane) #18

(Russell Smith) #19

Great shot nicely post processed also.

(Russell Smith) #20

I love the shadows in this shot . It makes it very graphical .