Weekly Theme 16th July 2018 - Red

(Helen Hooker) #1

Hi everyone, and welcome to another new week.

Last week’s theme only attracted a handful of entries, so I wonder if it was a little too obscure. With that in mind I’ve kept it simple this week. Please do remember I’m always open to suggestions for themes so if you’ve got some great ideas, please do pop over to the ongoing suggestions thread and add them there. You can find the thread about theme suggestions here.

Before I set the new theme, just one more question… Would it be helpful to have advance notice of the coming month’s themes? I could start a separate thread on the forum for these and then create a post for each theme as I do now with some suggestions for how you could shoot for it. Let me know what you think…

This week’s theme is Red

Shooting with a colour in mind could be a very straightforward idea. You may choose to select a beautiful scarlet flower, as Irene Ortiz has here, with this glorious poppy.

Alternatively you could think about what meanings red has. It often indicates danger, particularly so where fire is concerned. This dramatic image by Ricardo Gomez Angel fits the bill nicely!

Of course, you could choose to do something really different and create something that’s uniquely your interpretation of the colour red, as Spencer Imbrock has here.

With such a simple concept the possibilities are endless - now it’s your turn to get out and be creative with it!

How to participate:

• Please submit your photo by midnight GMT on Sunday 22nd July
  • To submit a photo, hit the Reply button below and upload your image(s). Please limit each post to one image.
  • Please try to also share your picture on your page over the main Photoblog platform and encourage others to visit the theme thread to participate and vote.
  • To vote, click the :heart: heart icon.
  • If you post your picture early in the week don’t forget to pop back to see what others have shared and to cast your votes!

Winners of the last theme

I’m honoured to have shared the winning position last week with @Popparatzee, whose beautiful Chevrolet fitted the retro theme perfectly. Congratulations Ken!

My shot was a beautiful little 1955 Voigtlander camera I bought on a market stall recently.

What a coincidence that the subject of both winning pictures date from within two years of each other!

(Heidi Egerman) #2

Red and White Gladiolas

(Olga Helys) #3

Coquelicot - Papaver rhoeas

Photo by © Hei Li, Helys Photos 2018

(Camellia) #4

Berrylicious

(Drew Jensen) #5

gotta love the Red lights at night

(Lakshmi Bhat) #6

The flowers of the Sindhuri plant are light pink in colour but the fruits are bright red in colour. There are small seeds inside the fruit. They are processed and used as dyes. The red colour is beautifu.

Sinduri, Indian Medicinal Plant - indianetzone.com
www.indianetzone.com › Flora & Fauna › Indian Medicinal Plants

(Lisa Britton) #7

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #8

red raspberry

(Marilyn Grimble) #11

(Helen Hooker) #12

There’s definitely a floral trend going on for this week’s theme so I’m going to upset that by sharing this shot of Nick Mason (drummer in the band Pink Floyd) driving his gorgeous Ferrari 250 GTO at Goodwood last weekend.

(Marilyn Grimble) #13

I am being told I am not a P. B. Member! After all these years! Mxx

(Kenny H) #14

Hi everybody!
I just saw this post. Thanks for viewing my pic and voting. I love coming here when I can and sharing with literally is the entire world. Thanks Helen, and every one else.

(Marilyn Grimble) #15

[https://www.photoblog.com/marilynx/2018/07/19/for-the-red-theme/]

(Abigail Gossage) #16

The colourful mess that is my charging station