Weekly theme 17th December 2018 - Numbers

(Helen Hooker) #1

Hello everyone!

Christmas is almost upon us and no doubt some of us are counting the days until the festive season starts in earnest. I do have a festive theme planned, but I thought we’d save that for Christmas Eve, next week. Instead, this week we’re going with the numbers idea today….

This week’s theme is Numbers

This should be a fairly straightforward theme to shoot for - after all, numbers are around us everywhere. Why not keep your camera with you through the coming week and see what you find to shoot on your travels?

Many thanks for @unicornlover for suggesting this theme!

I love this night time street scene by Virvoreanu Laurentiu. It’s so atmospheric and the clock, takes centre stage.

Alternatively you could just look out for numbers wherever you find them. Here Bevan Kay has found some numbers painted on the street. I love the simplicity of this shot and the gritty feel he’s given it with his post processing.

Of course, there’s nothing to stop you creating a bespoke numbers image of your own, as Gerd Altmann has here.

So there are some ideas to whet your appetite - over to you! I’m looking forward to seeing what you all come up with.

How to participate:

• Please submit your photo by midnight GMT on Sunday 23rd December
  • To submit a photo, hit the Reply button below and upload your image(s). Please limit each post to one image.
  • Please try to also share your picture on your page over the main Photoblog platform and encourage others to visit the theme thread to participate and vote.
  • To vote, click the :heart: heart icon.
  • If you post your picture early in the week don’t forget to pop back to see what others have shared and to cast your votes!

Winners of the last theme

Our winner for last week’s freedom theme was @canon6d. With such warmth and energy it’s no wonder this won the popular vote - congratulations Ram!

(Lakshmi Bhat) #2

(Berckmans Peter) #3

Domino a numbers game.

(Kenny H) #4

'46 Caddy
268330-1424144193-0

(Chossid) #5

(Chossid) #6

Photo is best viewed enlarged

(Helen Hooker) #7

I’d hoped to find some numbers to photograph during my photowalk this afternoon but sadly failed. Instead I thought I’d share a gorgeous Ford GT40 I photographed last year.

Who knows, I may yet find something even better later in the week…

(Lisa Britton) #8

Showing off the number of your favorite player - Those Angels fans love #17 & #27.

(Vivienne Albiston) #9

Four spots, three flowers…

(Bethany Plonski) #10