Weekly theme 23rd and 30th December - Festive

(Helen Hooker) #1

Hello everyone. With Christmas just a couple of days away there’s only one logical theme for this week….

This week’s theme is Festive

I realise that some Photoblog members don’t celebrate Christmas so I thought we’d go with a more general theme. Feel free to contribute something that you feel fits the concept in whatever way works best for you. Here are a handful of images which sum up the season for me….

When you think of Christmas, one of the items that immediately springs to mind is a festive tree, adorned with all manner of sparkly decorations. Here Arun Kuchibhotla has created so much atmosphere as this young girl adds the final touches.

For many years I taught in a Cathedral school so I often saw the choristers working hard in preparation for the many Christmas carol services. David Beale has shared this picture which takes me straight back to the choir of Chichester Cathedral at this time of year.

Of course, Christmas is also associated with food! These beautiful cupcakes were made by a friend of ours and I couldn’t resist capturing a photo before they get eaten.

So there are a few ideas for you. Let’s now go and have some fun photographing the festive season in our own parts of the world. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

I’m away for a few days holiday in the coming week and don’t know how good my connectivity will be so I propose we spread this theme over the next two weeks in case I’m not able to post a new theme next Monday. Of course, that means you could also use photos of the new year festivities if you wish!

How to participate:

• Please submit your photo by midnight GMT on Sunday 5th January.
  • To submit a photo, hit the Reply button below and upload your image(s). Please limit each post to one image.
  • Please try to also share your picture on your page over the main Photoblog platform and encourage others to visit the theme thread to participate and vote.
  • To vote, click the :heart: heart icon.
  • If you post your picture early in the week, don’t forget to pop back to see what others have shared and to cast your votes!

Winner of the last theme

I’m delighted to say that @nickam is on something of a roll at the moment as one of his images won this week - the second week in a row. Congratulations Nick!

(Kenny H) #2

City Hall

(Anthony Moberg) #3

(Piotr Matura) #4

Merry Christmas everyone! :slight_smile:

(Berckmans Peter) #5

(Sigrid Strohschneider-Laue) #6

Santa’s pit stop …

(Camellia Staab) #7

(Bethany Plonski) #8

Better late than never!
After several months of health problems, I wasn’t feeling very festive about this season. Then I finally got well enough to go for a long-awaited nature walk, where I found a tree that people had decorated outside in the park. :smile:

(Helen Hooker) #9

As usual I’m late posting my offering, but this is my attempt to photograph our Christmas tree with my pinhole camera - a 37 minute exposure. I’ll find out how the picture came out when I finish the film off!