Weekly theme 24th December 2018 - Celebrating the season

(Helen Hooker) #1

Hello everyone! A very Happy Christmas to you all!

Given that I’m typing this on Christmas Eve there only seemed one way to go for the current week’s theme….

This week’s theme is Celebrating the season

Well, what else could we do?!

It’s entirely up to you how you choose to illustrate the theme. You could go for the whole Christmas feel, although even this is open to interpretation. We visited Ely Cathedral during the Christmas period a couple of years ago and was awestruck by their magnificent festive tree.

Of course, you could go for something a little quirkier. I’m not sure what the collective noun is for Father Christmases, but I could have done with knowing when I happened upon this little gathering a year or two back. Who knew that Santa really made his deliveries on a motorbike?!

Don’t forget though, even if you don’t celebrate Christmas, there are plenty of other photogenic opportunities during this season. This is one of my favourite winter photos from Hatfield Forest (where I am lucky enough to work) last year. It truly does look magical at this time of year.

So there are some ideas. You could choose to share your family celebrations with us or perhaps a more intimate scene. The choice is yours!

I hope you all have a wonderful time and I’m looking forward to seeing how we all celebrate this time of year in our own corners of the globe.

Before I post this, please do also take a moment to check out the Photoblog 365 project calendar for 2019. Ram has been working hard on this with a number of our fellow photobloggers and it would be great if we can get lots of people participating. As someone who has done ten years of 365 projects I can only recommend it as a way to improve your eye and technical skills so why not have a go?

Happy Christmas!

How to participate:

• Please submit your photo by midnight GMT on Sunday 30th December
  • To submit a photo, hit the Reply button below and upload your image(s). Please limit each post to one image.
  • Please try to also share your picture on your page over the main Photoblog platform and encourage others to visit the theme thread to participate and vote.
  • To vote, click the :heart: heart icon.
  • If you post your picture early in the week don’t forget to pop back to see what others have shared and to cast your votes!

Winners of the last theme

Last week we had two winners with these great photos. @peterphotowalks chose to illustrate the numbers theme with some dominos.

While @turtlesnaps selected these playing cards.

Congratulations to Peter and Bethany!

(Berckmans Peter) #2

Thanks for voting and liking it

(Kenny H) #3

Christmas carousel, City Hall (Philadelphia)

(Lisa Britton) #4

Twas the Night Before Christmas

(Berckmans Peter) #5

Our greatest gift, kids

(Berckmans Peter) #6

(D Vgz) #7

(Bethany Plonski) #8

(Bethany Plonski) #9

Also, thank you to everyone who voted last week, and happy holidays!