Hello everyone. Many apologies for being a few hours late with this week’s theme. I was working over the weekend and simply ran out of time to get everything finished.
So, let’s not waste and more time - here the new theme….
This week’s theme is Industrial
When I asked for suggestions for themes a few weeks back this was one sent to me by @peterphotowalks - many thanks! I think this should give room for different interpretations so here are a selection of ideas that immediately came to my mind.
Industry can come in many forms, from modern heavy industry to the technology of yesteryear. I love to photograph old industrial buildings, although they’re becoming hard to find as structures get demolished to create land for new developments.
Here, Martin Wessely has found a fabulous old industrial building to photograph, which has been tagged and decorated by local graffiti artists.
If you don’t live near any photogenic old buildings you could look for some everyday industrial structures. It could be warehouses or factories, or even part of the infrastructure of everyday industrial life, as Shane Rounce has found here, with this electricity pylon.
Don’t overlook the human element of industry either. You know someone who runs their own business - remember, industry doesn’t have to be greasy and noisy - it could be a local bakery! I found this chap oiling an old steam engine at a historical event a few years back and he was kind enough to let me photograph him at work.
So there are some of my ideas. Over to you now - lets see how many different ways we can interpret Peter’s theme!
How to participate:
- Please submit your photo by midnight GMT on Sunday 2nd September August
- To submit a photo, hit the Reply button below and upload your image(s). Please limit each post to one image.
- Please try to also share your picture on your page over the main Photoblog platform and encourage others to visit the theme thread to participate and vote.
- To vote, click the heart icon.
- If you post your picture early in the week don’t forget to pop back to see what others have shared and to cast your votes!
Winner of the last theme
Thanks for all your entries for last week’s ‘point of view’ theme - we had a great variety of interpretations. As chance would have it, our winner is @peterphotowalks, who suggested the new theme! Congratulations Peter!